Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I bought a Polizei trade-in PP in .32 ACP while stationed in Germany in the 80s. It was stupid accurate but left parallel cuts in the web of my hand so I sold it. Wish I would've thought of that simple fix.
    I have one like that made in '61. Great little shooter with a great trigger and those same issues. I just keep it around for its 007 cool factor and it's beautifully made.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I have one like that made in '61. Great little shooter with a great trigger and those same issues. I just keep it around for its 007 cool factor and it's beautifully made.
    Mine is an Interarms model, so I had no compunction about taking a file to it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Mine is an Interarms model, so I had no compunction about taking a file to it.
    Mostly, mine sits in the safe and cries out for a shoulder holster and a martini.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Anybody notice on the Beretta side you can sign up to be notified here are the models that you can be notified about:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manurhin/#dealers
    This excellent catch didn't get its due amid the tangential dust-up and is worth some more discussion. Many more models than originally anticipated; does this change anything for anyone planning to buy one?

Anyone on the notification list get a hit yet? Thoughts on which dealer might be best to name as "preferred"?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    This excellent catch didn't get its due amid the tangential dust-up and is worth some more discussion. Many more models than originally anticipated; does this change anything for anyone planning to buy one?

Anyone on the notification list get a hit yet? Thoughts on which dealer might be best to name as "preferred"?
    Word is - all the of the first and second imported runs are for the Beretta galleries.

I set my alerts for a 4" Gendarmerie version to the Beretta Gallery in Dallas.

But I also set an alert for a 3" Gendarmerie version for Buds.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    But I also set an alert for a 3" Gendarmerie version for Buds.
    Have you hit up Kebco? I thought he had a few of these left not too long ago, but they may be all gone by now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post

I'm curious what the MR88's are going to go for, and how they would compare to a GP100.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Have you hit up Kebco? I thought he had a few of these left not too long ago, but they may be all gone by now.
    I did not. My main reason is, it appears all the Beretta imported guns, Beretta will handle service or shipping back to Chapius for you. I honestly prefer to have Beretta handle it. Though maybe that is fallacious thinking.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I can get 10,000 miles out of a race performance tire if I drive slowly in a straight line.

Or maybe 100 miles out of the tire and burn it up on a weekend.

I guess that’s the philosophical question.

If the original rating is for a use pattern I find boring and not applicable to my use… AND I’m willing to accept the financial repercussions of my personal use patterns….

You know what I’d say to someone who recommends I don’t modify my GT3 and shouldn’t run it hard because it might not last as long?

“Thanks. Duly noted.”
    Yeah, yeah. “There are only three sports, bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering, and all the rest are merely games.” As the generalized form of Sayre’s Law teaches us, the intensity of feeling in any dispute is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake. By way of corollary, that is why academic politics—and gamer arguments—are so bitter. All the more so in this short bus of gaming.

(In actuality @zeleny I get what you’re saying. I have friends that run Ferraris or McClarens on track. If something breaks it takes forever to get replacement parts. It’s one of the reasons I chose Porsches because parts support is better which is one of your points. But if my friends understand that and still willingly and happily enjoy their stuff while it lasts, then more power to them. They usually have other vehicles or back ups if their primary goes down.)
    As the custodian of a 1974 Maserati Bora, I feel your friends’ pain. Nevertheless, in the instant matter, the salient point is that reasonably priced spare action parts for the MR73 are readily available, if you know where to look. In light of the track record of the French firearms industry, this supply is not going to last.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Yeah, yeah. “There are only three sports, bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering, and all the rest are merely games.” As the generalized form of Sayre’s Law teaches us, the intensity of feeling in any dispute is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake. By way of corollary, that is why academic politics—and gamer arguments—are so bitter.
    I saw that first hand when I was in law school. I resolved then and there that I'd rather eat a bullet than be a part of academia.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List