Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Beretta USA and Manurhin USA (didn’t know that existed) posted earlier today on Beretta USA’s Instagram account that Beretta will be servicing the MR73 in Accokeek.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That doesn't really help someone without a login for Instagram. Seems like it would be logical to post information about your company on your company's own web site, where people can just go find it without having to be active on some other service.

Just sayin'.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I bought a NIB MR-73 in the summer of 2019. I hate to be the dissenting voice, but I had issues with it. This is just my experience.

Something was not right with the gun I had because sometimes when I would pull the trigger and the cylinder would lock up in the middle of turning. If I released the trigger and then pulled it again it would complete its cycle.

Next the gun seemed to be out of time, I was getting some off center primer hits and failures to detonate. It also seemed to be shaving lead.

Back at this time 2019, there was no one in the US who serviced the gun. (I am not sure how Beretta will handle any warrantee work for the guns that it sells). I could not even find a qualified gunsmith in the US who would work on the gun.

I took a very experienced revolver enthusiast friend with me and let him shoot it. He did not experience any issues with the gun. He actually witnessed me having the problems with the gun but could not replicate it when he was shooting it. He also let someone else shoot it who experienced similar problems. But it worked for him. So he now owns it.

Attached is a picture of some of the off centered primer hits that I experienced:

Attachment 71101
    $400, CASH.
    #RESIST

I am buying one of these. Either at the local Beretta Gallery, or I'd honestly love one of those 3" Gendarmerie models.

But the 5.25" Sportsman model would be tremendously fun to slay deer and hogs with, using a bespoke leather chest rig.

And I am DEFINITELY bringing it to Revolver Roundup this year.

If they were offering a 3” one, I would have already been shot with it when my girlfriend learned how much it cost.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If they were offering a 3” one, I would have already been shot with it when my girlfriend learned how much it cost.
    Kebco lists 3-inch in stock, I believe.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That doesn't really help someone without a login for Instagram. Seems like it would be logical to post information about your company on your company's own web site, where people can just go find it without having to be active on some other service.

Just sayin'.

These are pretty new to Beretta, maybe the information is coming to their website, but just not there yet. Just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am buying one of these. Either at the local Beretta Gallery, or I'd honestly love one of those 3" Gendarmerie models.

But the 5.25" Sportsman model would be tremendously fun to slay deer and hogs with, using a bespoke leather chest rig.

And I am DEFINITELY bringing it to Revolver Roundup this year.
    I'll be interested to read your review when you inspect some real, live production guns. I'd be driving over to the Gallery to check them out if I was in DFW. Checked with Collectors and Briley, and they aren't bringing in any inventory just for stock.

I have had a 5-inch Lipsey's half-lug GP100 that's my placeholder for an outdoor gun when I get to where I can wander around the West again. (Like, somewhere with mountains, and where your clothes don't smell like mold just from going for a walk outside with the breeze blowing.) I've basically settled on the 5.25 Sportsman as replacing the GP in the same use case if I go down this road.
    Not another dime.

Kebco lists 3-inch in stock, I believe.
    I know. One will likely be a treat to myself once I bump up another two pay grades. It would also be awesome if the current ones were still coming with the additional 9mm cylinder. I’ve only seen that with older guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'd be curious to know whether those off-center strikes were due to the cylinder turning too far or not far enough? Did you survey brass that did fire? Was there a random distribution of firing pin contact locations, and just the ones all the way on the edge didn't fire, or was it an "either/or" scenario?
    I don't remember if I looked at the other ejected cases. The picture illustrates some rounds that failed to fire do to off center hits that I had singled out to photograph. Typically I could try a round again and it would fire. As I wrote, sometimes I would pull the trigger and the cylinder would lock up as it was turning. But if I released pressure and pulled it again it would fire.

User Tag List