Thread: Kimber DASA owners

Kimber DASA owners

I am leaning hard towards a 3" DASA but I am getting conflicting information, about it, online.

Some say the frame is cast, some say it is not. Kimber says "machined" from stainless buuut we know there is "machining" left to complete on a cast frame. So, can someone definitively say whether or not the DASA has a cast frame?

Also - while I will most likely feed it 38spc, on range days, I plan on running some INSANELY hot B.B. through it - 180gr JHP @ 1,500 FPS for a total of 899 ft lbs of M.E. Now, obviously they didn't reach those stats out of a 3" BUT it does give an indication the severity of these loads. Is the DASA built to handle an occasional cylinder of that stuff? I know I'd run it through my SP 101 but Ruger ya know 😀

Lastly - those of you that do have one, what do you like? What don't you? Buy it again or get something else?

Thanks
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
    Since nobody else is chiming in I’ll go…I really like my 3” DAO, but I don’t know too much about revolvers, just have this and a Ruger LCR. Can’t help you with the construction and hot loads questions.

I really appreciate the sights. I don’t love the white dots on the rear sights, but I haven’t blacked them out yet. Theyre nice and sturdy and way better than trough sights . It’s more accurate than I am. The weight is a good compromise; 38+p is no problem, and the revolver is still light enough that it’s not too much of a bother on long hikes. 6 shots over 5 is a big deal when my first 2 are snake shot. I replaced the grips.

If I was doing it over today I would give the Taurus 856 TORO a try instead of the Kimber. I miss having an RDS.

User Tag List