Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JCN has all kinds of bad ideas: 380ACP out of a J-frame

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    So while you could do it and it’s very mild to shoot, it has limited SD application.
    FWIW, you can have your .357 cylinder machined to take .38 super and the rimmed special cases are, as advertised, usable without the moonclips. So the difference in neck and base diameter between the .38 super -> .38 special -> .380 ACP is about even at roughly ~0.006" each step. The difference between shooting a .38 special in a chamber machined to .38 super isn't much worse than shooting a .380 ACP in a factory .38/.357 chamber.

I wonder if the .38 super using .38 special has a similar drop off in velocity. I would assume so.

On a tangent, I understand people use 38 Short Colt in 38/357 to reduce the case capacity for mild loads.

And OMG, one of the first things I have looked up in months that was IN STOCK!!!
    https://www.starlinebrass.com/38-short-colt-brass

A Taurus 380 UL revolver pushed a 95-grain bullet to 887 fps from its 1.75-inch barrel.

That matches the velocity from the Ruger LCP. The 223 FPS difference seen in JCN's test is telling.

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...-review/365617

@Trigger and @03RN win for the most accurate predictions!
    And you have discovered a source for moderately accurate 38 sub loads! Thank you! Now you just need to suppress that jframe #SCIENCEANDSHIT !

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    On a tangent, I understand people use 38 Short Colt in 38/357 to reduce the case capacity for gamer loads.
    FIFY.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Taurus Model 380

No affiliation with the seller, etc,etc, just doing my bit to help.
    Thank you! I bought it today for $375 shipped!

It took me this long to prove I wasn’t a spambot on the forum and by that time the price had dropped $50!

Thank you! I bought it today for $375 shipped!

It took me this long to prove I wasn’t a spambot on the forum and by that time the price had dropped $50!

Congrats! Spending other peoples money is just one of my many hobbies...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List