Thread: Romeo Zero issue

Romeo Zero issue

A good friend and training partner had a minor drop with his P365XL with factory-mounted Romeo Zero a few days ago. As a result of the impact, the dot changed into an unusable diagonal streak across the entire window.

Apparently, after a two-day training class with (a very respected instructor known to most here) this past weekend, he was sitting on his driver’s seat changing from the P320 M18 with DPP he took the class with, to the P365XL with Romeo Zero he normally carries, and somehow managed to drop the 365 onto the concrete floor in his garage (he is left-pawed), sustaining perhaps a 1.5 foot drop.

When I visited him yesterday he asked me to have a look.

I found that the dot focal point had changed from infinity to about six inches. Looking into the emitter window, a ribbon cable and the emitter were visible.

Compared with the R-zero on his identical backup pistol and the issue was immediately obvious-

The tiny silver metal frame supporting the emitter was simply gone- no doubt ejected from the sight upon impact, and nowhere to be found by that point.

I’m trying to talk him into something more robust. Just a heads-up for any of you possibly considering carrying this thing.

I wasn’t inclined to carry a plastic red dot before, and this really underlines why. Terrible design in my opinion.

Agreed, the Romeo Zero is better suited for an Airsoft gun than anything defensive. It’s cheap crap that works fine-ish on the range but I’d never carry one without just planning on being an iron shooter with dot backup.

507k is $20-40 more and survived Aaron Cowan’s shoulder high repeated concrete drops without breaking or shifting zero.

I dropped my Romeo 3 XL several feet onto concrete a week ago. It dented the frame and cracked the lens, but zero did not shift, and hasn't since. The Zero seems light duty.

My 507K optics go through batteries because they don't have auto and I run them on the circle reticle, but they have been robust on multiple installations for my wife and me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So sad i just sold my romeo !

User Tag List