Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New HK pistol

I don’t really see the point of why they did this. The US market is red hot for smaller concealable 10+ round guns like the P365, G43x/48, and Hellcat, and this is what they come up with? Even S&W gets it with the Shield 2.0. And HK is going to what, displace all the CO guns in USPSA with this? I must be missing something.

The only thing I see for it in home market competition is IPSC Standard (approximately USPSA Limited).
    I don't know if the heavy gun fad has penetrated there yet.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I don’t really see the point of why they did this. The US market is red hot for smaller concealable 10+ round guns like the P365, G43x/48, and Hellcat, and this is what they come up with? Even S&W gets it with the Shield 2.0. And HK is going to what, displace all the CO guns in USPSA with this? I must be missing something.
    Nope, you're not missing anything. This is just HK, HK'ing.

Us: "Can we have a small 1.5-stack 9mm with HK-like reliability and accuracy?"

HK: "You have SK variants of our pistols."

Us: "Yes, but we mean something P365 sized, but you know HK-quality."

HK: "Nein. No one wants that."

Us: "The P365 is the best selling gun in the United States."

HK: "Nein. It isn't, you are mistaken. No one would buy a tiny gun for shooting and carrying."

Us: "No, for real it and the Springfield Hellcat are the best selling guns. Even Smith and..."

HK: "Und Wesson? Das ist gut for them. But for HK und HK Buyers, we know what is best."

Us: "So...what have you got for us?"

HK: "Acht! We have the best. An extended length Volkspistolen 9 with funnel und it's optics ready. As you have been asking for the past 5 years."

Us: "No...we asked for that five years ago. The world has moved on."

HK: "Nein! Nein! Sprechen nicht von der verganganheit. It is now. VP9-ORL ist der most modernische volkespistolen und you will like it!"

Us: "It is of no value to us."

HK: "Blöd! You suck and we hate you!"

Us: "Yea, we know. So...can we have a 1.5 stack VP9 with a thumb safety that competes with the P365, now?"

HK: "Ja in fünf jahren."

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Right? As I said, it must be for some European competitive thing I don’t know anything about. If they did a VP9 version of this for the USA, it wouldn’t be very relevant for USPSA. Maybe 3-gun?

On the other hand that trigger might be just the thing for those who do compete with the VP9 series. Specs read like the aftermarket options, but one might expect HK reliability, which aftermarket triggers certainly do not seem to have.
    A 4.5-5 inch barrel, OR VP9 with a better trigger and 22 round 140mm mags would be a great USPSA CO gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Nope, you're not missing anything. This is just HK, HK'ing.

Us: "Can we have a small 1.5-stack 9mm with HK-like reliability and accuracy?"

HK: "You have SK variants of our pistols."

Us: "Yes, but we mean something P365 sized, but you know HK-quality."

HK: "Nein. No one wants that."

Us: "The P365 is the best selling gun in the United States."

HK: "Nein. It isn't, you are mistaken. No one would buy a tiny gun for shooting and carrying."

Us: "No, for real it and the Springfield Hellcat are the best selling guns. Even Smith and..."

HK: "Und Wesson? Das ist gut for them. But for HK und HK Buyers, we know what is best."

Us: "So...what have you got for us?"

HK: "Acht! We have the best. An extended length Volkspistolen 9 with funnel und it's optics ready. As you have been asking for the past 5 years."

Us: "No...we asked for that five years ago. The world has moved on."

HK: "Nein! Nein! Sprechen nicht von der verganganheit. It is now. VP9-ORL ist der most modernische volkespistolen und you will like it!"

Us: "It is of no value to us."

HK: "Blöd! You suck and we hate you!"

Us: "Yea, we know. So...can we have a 1.5 stack VP9 with a thumb safety that competes with the P365, now?"

HK: "Ja in fünf jahren."
    Das ist ja ausgezeichnet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A 4.5-5 inch barrel, OR VP9 with a better trigger and 22 round 140mm mags would be a great USPSA CO gun.
    Speaking as someone who wishes Walther hadn't abandoned the paddle mag release, I can't help but agree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    This isn’t being sold in the US market, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You just described a VP9L-OR with a fettled trigger and at least two mag kits I am aware of, one of which increases capacity of a 17 to 24 rounds and supposedly, still fits the box- but I’m skeptical about that.

The other is the Taylor Freelance BORTAC kit which is advertised as 140mm and *i think* increases capacity of a 17 to 22 rounds.

Springer has a kit they advertise as 21 rounds and for sure that one fits the box.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 04-21-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Blech, I really don't care for the aesthetic of H&K's modern pistols... Honestly, they're the least attractive pistols on the market in my opinion, even Hi-Points look better considering their price-point.

Why anyone would buy something like this over one of the competition grade USPs is beyond me.

Personally, I'll stick with my USP Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    ja, freilich.

User Tag List