Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New HK pistol

While we are straying off-topic, I would agree that the number is well into the hundreds of millions. Even the onerous 1994 federal ban still allowed possession and transfer of existing standard capacity magazines. Unconstitutional state level restrictions notwithstanding, there is no way for the federal government to practically outright ban standard capacity magazines.

And remember, we have none other than the late William Ruger to thank for the arbitrary “no honest man needs more than 10 rounds” mentality among the hoplophobes.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

I'm a total HK fanboy do I'd buy a Jet-Funnel VP9 kit in a heart beat! While I'd love to see a P30C and VP9C, for the most part if HK doesn't make it then I prolly didn't need it anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Possibly true. The VP9L-OR sells out fast whenever it (frequently) pops up. This pistol has an extra 1/2” of barrel and a gamer trigger, and that trigger is perhaps the most interesting aspect given that aftermarket triggers tend to be less than reliable.

The only problem is that changing trigger parts in a VP frame is… unpleasant.
    I haven’t seen anything on an upgraded trigger for the VP9L. I wonder if the parts will be available.

Slightly related, on HKs in general: I was at one of my local ranges/stores the other day, Shoot Straight in Clearwater FL, and decided to walk past the display cases.

I saw pretty much empty shelves, with just a smattering of guns. A single FDE Glock where they normally have dozens, some Walthers, a few S&Ws. The FN case had a half dozen or so. Then I got to the end, where they keep the HKs. I saw all three levels full; from end to end were shiny black boxes. I wondered, do they really have that many types of HKs?

Well, not really. At first I spotted a P30SK DA/SA, and one VP9SK. Then, 5 or 6 VP9 OR across the top. The middle shelf had another row of VP9 ORs. And the bottom shelf, the same. Lots and lots of VP9 ORs. I mean, they had a bunch. I took a quick look at what they wanted; the price tag listed was $899 but the bottom line was a optimistic $999. I was left thinking maybe their price had something to do with it...

I made my way past the used guns, where they keep them out on steel cables. I spotted another VP9 OR there, so I put my hands on it. I think it was marked at $849.

I dunno if this is a function of this store's pricing policy (probably) or the supply/demand for HKs in general (maybe) but it was pretty remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Slightly related, on HKs in general: I was at one of my local ranges/stores the other day, Shoot Straight in Clearwater FL, and decided to walk past the display cases.

I saw pretty much empty shelves, with just a smattering of guns. A single FDE Glock where they normally have dozens, some Walthers, a few S&Ws. The FN case had a half dozen or so. Then I got to the end, where they keep the HKs. I saw all three levels full; from end to end were shiny black boxes. I wondered, do they really have that many types of HKs?

Well, not really. At first I spotted a P30SK DA/SA, and one VP9SK. Then, 5 or 6 VP9 OR across the top. The middle shelf had another row of VP9 ORs. And the bottom shelf, the same. Lots and lots of VP9 ORs. I mean, they had a bunch. I took a quick look at what they wanted; the price tag listed was $899 but the bottom line was a optimistic $999. I was left thinking maybe their price had something to do with it...

I made my way past the used guns, where they keep them out on steel cables. I spotted another VP9 OR there, so I put my hands on it. I think it was marked at $849.

I dunno if this is a function of this store's pricing policy (probably) or the supply/demand for HKs in general (maybe) but it was pretty remarkable.

The price has gone up considerably, like everything else, but I wouldn’t pay more than $800 for the VP9L OR.

Used HK's are non existent here. I traded into a used HK45 last year and took a beating on the price. It was the same as the new ones advertised. I haven't seen a new one around here in a long time. I don't think dealers around here stock those because because of the high prices.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    The price has gone up considerably, like everything else, but I wouldn’t pay more than $800 for the VP9L OR.
    Agreed; just a quick note to clarify, these weren't VP9Ls, they were just VP9s with an optic cut. I mean, a cool gun, but if there were hard over on $899 I can see why they were all sitting on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Used HK's are non existent here. I traded into a used HK45 last year and took a beating on the price. It was the same as the new ones advertised. I haven't seen a new one around here in a long time. I don't think dealers around here stock those because because of the high prices.
    Same at this LGS and elsewhere here in the Central/West of Florida. Hard to find used. New, you will see an occasional P30SK, a few VP9SKs, and some VP9s. From time to time you will come across a USP or USPc. I once contemplated the future of .45 ammo pricing for several minutes in front of a new in the box HK45c, with my hand inching towards my wallet, before coming to my senses.

I'll end with my semi-traditional HK Rant, which is: why in the world they did not come out with a VP9c, that accepted regular USPc magazines? Such a pistol would have been almost exactly Glock 19 sized, with a crisp HK trigger, reliable 13 round mags and HK reliability.

Sigh.

Agreed; just a quick note to clarify, these weren't VP9Ls, they were just VP9s with an optic cut. I mean, a cool gun, but if there were hard over on $899 I can see why they were all sitting on the shelf.

Same at this LGS and elsewhere here in the Central/West of Florida. Hard to find used. New, you will see an occasional P30SK, a few VP9SKs, and some VP9s. From time to time you will come across a USP or USPc. I once contemplated the future of .45 ammo pricing for several minutes in front of a new in the box HK45c, with my hand inching towards my wallet, before coming to my senses.

I'll end with my semi-traditional HK Rant, which is: why in the world they did not come out with a VP9c, that accepted regular USPc magazines? Such a pistol would have been almost exactly Glock 19 sized, with a crisp HK trigger, reliable 13 round mags and HK reliability.

Sigh.
    HK mags are very expensive. I think it's a feature that the mags aren't interchangeable. 40 bucks or more for just about any magazine they make. I just roll with it. I've been a fan ever since I bought a model 4 in the 70's.

Sigh.
    Obviously not the same as a factory option but, looks like you can potentially grip chop the VP9 to take USPC mags.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List