Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beretta 92 knuckle. How do I fix these sharp edges?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    My mag release access thinning.
    20200505_083605 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    That looks super pro-quality, like it came that way from the manufacturer. Kudos.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    If you are sanding G10, use a respirator, silicosis is an issue.

With exotic hardwoods ( cocobola etc...) use a respirator to avoid lung damage.
    Thank you. I wasn't aware of this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The real fix is a carry bevel job from LTT or Wilson. This is Beretta's fault, not LTT's. This was never an issue until Beretta's move to TN and is, IMHO a sign of declining quality.

If your going to do it yourself I would likely use a stone and emery paper vs a file. It doesn't take much to brekd the sharp edges.
    My first Beretta was an MD M9. It ate the shit out of my hands. When I switched to the TN made LTT, I don't have nearly the problems. Now days, I'm not putting in the round counts I was at that point, but I don't have the massive calluses any more.

My Beretta LE J92M9 cut my index finger from the middle knuckle to the next digit

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    My first Beretta was an MD M9. It ate the shit out of my hands. When I switched to the TN made LTT, I don't have nearly the problems. Now days, I'm not putting in the round counts I was at that point, but I don't have the massive calluses any more.

The serrations aren't that great on the M9 and I guess I got lazy. The safety wasn't engaged so it was flipped up pointing towards the muzzle and I pulled it back hard on the serrations it slipped and this is going to take a month to heal and maybe a clinic visit for some stitches. In it's defense I've got old geezer hands. Gonna start wearing gloves from now on. I have some real nice tactile range gloves. All I was doing was clearing the breach why I flipped the safety off .. I guess because I had just cleared my SA-35 and you have to flip the safety off to pull the slide back. This is one of those things I will never do again.

User Tag List