Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 knuckle. How do I fix these sharp edges?

Beretta 92 knuckle. How do I fix these sharp edges?

Okay after 5 months of dry fire I don’t believe the solution is to just build callouses.

My LTT 92 trigger guard consistently tears up my my strong hand middle finger and support hand pointer finger.

I’m hesitant to take a file to it but at this point I can’t think of any other solutions. I even use tape on the trigger guard and it doesn’t help.

Any ideas?

Or recommendations how to smooth out the sharp corners? I hate to ruin the finish on it but idk if I have another option at this point.

Name:  62C5F3EB-4AFB-4455-8679-0AF040540EB2.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  52.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Does LTT offer the carry bevel as a post-purchase option? If not I believe Wilson offers a similar service.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Build calluses.... you should see the tumor sized calluses I have on those same fingers from the Shadow 2.

Alternately, tape your fingers in those areas with bandage / sport tape.

Or use Blister Block type bandages instead of tape.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fredericks...58660400&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Build calluses.... you should see the tumor sized calluses I have on those same fingers from the Shadow 2.

Alternately, tape your fingers in those areas with bandage / sport tape.

Or use Blister Block type bandages instead of tape.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fredericks...58660400&psc=1
    Dude I have a pea sized callous on my middle finger. Glad to know it’s not exclusive to this gun. I tape both fingers every day. Gets kinda annoying when you’re dry during twice a day. First world problems I suppose!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Okay after 5 months of dry fire I don’t believe the solution is to just build callouses.

My LTT 92 trigger guard consistently tears up my my strong hand middle finger and support hand pointer finger.

I’m hesitant to take a file to it but at this point I can’t think of any other solutions. I even use tape on the trigger guard and it doesn’t help.

Any ideas?

Or recommendations how to smooth out the sharp corners? I hate to ruin the finish on it but idk if I have another option at this point.

Name:  62C5F3EB-4AFB-4455-8679-0AF040540EB2.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  52.1 KB
    The real fix is a carry bevel job from LTT or Wilson. This is Beretta's fault, not LTT's. This was never an issue until Beretta's move to TN and is, IMHO a sign of declining quality.

If your going to do it yourself I would likely use a stone and emery paper vs a file. It doesn't take much to brekd the sharp edges.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The real fix is a carry bevel job from LTT or Wilson. This is Beretta's fault, not LTT's. This was never an issue until Beretta's move to TN and is, IMHO a sign of declining quality.

If your going to do it yourself I would likely use a stone and emery paper vs a file. It doesn't take much to brekd the sharp edges.
    I don’t blame LTT for sure. Good tip, thanks!

After some time the callous doesnt even look like callous anymore. And you don't notice it as much.

Basically it happens. Here is an instagram post I made in 2017.
    http://instagram.com/p/Bc2Tm7FHkp0/

And another hotspot that often develops:
    http://instagram.com/p/BjAraWNH-M8/

Dude I have a pea sized callous on my middle finger. Glad to know it’s not exclusive to this gun. I tape both fingers every day. Gets kinda annoying when you’re dry during twice a day. First world problems I suppose!
    I will say like the above people, I have taken a Dremel with a stone attachment to break up various hot spots on parts of my guns and things. It’s a tool, not a showpiece. Don’t care about the finish, just care about the performance.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    And another hotspot that often develops:
    http://instagram.com/p/BjAraWNH-M8/
    I get this one on Glocks, 92s and a few other pistols as well.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    I don’t blame LTT for sure. Good tip, thanks!
    Yeah I have several Berettas and none of the older IT or MD guns have sharp edges. On the TN guns I've noticed them on both the trigger guard and the tang. For clarifications all the TN guns with such issues pre-date the COVID panic productions.

User Tag List