Thread: Getting back into reloading

Getting back into reloading

I have brass, bullets, primers, etc.

I left my two lee presses at the hold house due to the messed up situation of deploying and moving to South Carolina for a new job working Manufacturing for Nuke Reactors. Not in VA due to divorce. Yeah sucks ass.

I have a Frankford Arsenal Coax press on the way. I am going to do .223, .308, 9mm, 40sw, and 45ACP for my guns and maybe even do Grendel or 6mm(what ever that can fit a AR lower and use mags).

So Single stage yes, got that. Powder dispenser looking at a RCBS or Frankford Arsenal, Maybe get a Turret or Progressive to run 9mm and 45ACP. Tumbler okay have to get a new one, what else am I missing. a Lee APP?

Mainley looking at 45ACP and probally 38spl. I have my grandfathers Model 10 and my BIL is a police officer in Alabama and always looking for 38spl. 45ACP, I traded for two HK45c and a Kimber 1911 Officer model before the Communist Virus. I want to get a full size 1911 after this deployment just because I found 14 mags for a 1911 in the safe when I was moving the safe.

Thanks, R

You need a good priming tool. I have used a bunch of them and the best so far (by far) in my opinion is the one from Forster.

If you get that one make sure to get the tube reloading tray as well.

If you're predominantly interested in pistol calibers, I would get a turret press first. If you're looking at an automatic powder dispenser, get the RCBS over the FA. If your tumbler still tumbles, I see no reason to ugprade. APP would come in handy if you want to run a progressive or a 3-hole turret, but otherwise, I don't see the point.

I don't reload for the rifle but I been reloading since the early 90's. I learned on a single stage but that got old fast ! I bought a used Dillon Square deal B and haven't looked back. My brother has the single stage. The Dillon still runs due to the unquestioned Dillon warranty, probably not an original part on the thing and it has cost me nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    If you're predominantly interested in pistol calibers, I would get a turret press first. If you're looking at an automatic powder dispenser, get the RCBS over the FA. If your tumbler still tumbles, I see no reason to ugprade. APP would come in handy if you want to run a progressive or a 3-hole turret, but otherwise, I don't see the point.
    This.

Any decent turret press purchased new should have a primer feed of some sort and is faster than a hand tool.

I’m mostly an RCBs component guy. My old Uniflow measure is 45 years old and still going strong for when I load on the single-stage. It should thread into a turret hole just fine.

User Tag List