Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus Ohio 04/20/21 OIS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And here's a prime example of Media slant.

The AP headline: Police in Columbus, Ohio fatally shoot Black teenage girl minutes after George Floyd murder verdict

Notice how the article implies a couple of untrue facts:

1) that the racist cops are racist in shooting an innocent black girl. Because racist.
    2) this was deliberately done in reaction to the Floyd verdict (see point 1).

Then, here's the lede:

This continues the point above, while implying that there was no real immediate danger that required lethal force from poor innocent minority minor.

The next paragraph in the story is worded in such a way that can be misconstrued that the shooting, not the release of video was "a departure from protocol"- then re-enforces that idea by immediately referencing other shootings:

Skip a couple of paragraphs, and the story tries to downplay the potential lethality of the weapon used:

And in approved MSM fashion, a point that actually contradicts the headline appears down towards the bottom:

Yet the headline says "Police in Columbus, Ohio fatally shoot Black teenage girl [B}minutes after[/B] George Floyd murder verdict". The lede reads "came within minutes of the verdict".

And the rest of the article is the usual rubbish, with the usual blather by Circleback Jen.
    As with the rest of the media, why let a fine opportunity to fuel further animus and racial unrest go to waste?

#pushthenarrative !
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    As with the rest of the media, why let a fine opportunity to fuel further animus and racial unrest go to waste?

#pushthenarrative !
    We're in need of Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Why not both?
    You're right, they're not mutually exclusive. My only issue with immediately snapping to "both" is that it can lead to underestimating an adversary. Such an underestimation can be a very dangerous mistake.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    You're right, they're not mutually exclusive. My only issue with immediately snapping to "both" is that it can lead to underestimating an adversary. Such an underestimation can be a very dangerous mistake.
    Nah. I already knew she was the enemy. She just reminded me when she emerged from her burrow yesterday.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Here's a tweet from Obama star Valerie Jarrett:

https://twitter.com/valeriejarrett/s...621174786?s=21

What would she be calling for if they had just let the other girl be stabbed to death? She'd be accusing the police of racism for letting her be harmed. Save her...racist. Let her die...racist.

This tweet is two hours old. She's had a full day to absorb this information and still comes to the wrong conclusion.

I can only conclude that she wants to foment civil disturbance...despite the fact that the police got it completely right.

She should be prosecuted for inciting a riot.
    That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

I wonder what she might think about this situation if she had been the victim of a knife attack?

People have gone BSC over the police shooting anyone black, regardless of the situation.

I don't do FB or Twitter but I'm starting to see how people really feel about cops and blacks. Trying to erase a 100 years of injustice on the back of a cop in a few years, trying to do the job they were hired and trained to do. That isn't going to work.

I see some cities burning and the NG and police watching it all burn. That seems to be the goal of many progressives so maybe we should let that run it's course and access the damage after a few years. Fine with me, I'll just watch from my isolated location and post my thoughts from time to time.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-21-2021 at 08:08 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And here's a prime example of Media slant.
    Great analysis. It's the norm--the liar can tell a lie with just a few words, but it often takes hundreds to actually explain that the lie really is a lie. And Americans don't have the attention spans required to pay attention for that long.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I see some cities burning and the NG and police watching it all burn. That seems to be the goal of many progressives so maybe we should let that run it's course and access the damage after a few years. Fine with me, I'll just watch from my isolated location and post my thoughts from time to time.
    I am ashamed to say I agree with you.

And that depresses the crap out of me.

Time to start calling up and training the P-F Volunteers at Fort Lebowski. I figure we might make a battalion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Time to start calling up and training the P-F Volunteers at Fort Lebowski. I figure we might make a battalion.

I'll handle Mexican food logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I am ashamed to say I agree with you.

And that depresses the crap out of me.
    It depresses me also. I'm an old guy who has always thought people were better than this. To watch cities burn and crime given a free reign was never anything I could have imagined. I was around during the 60's and watched the riots but somehow I think this is different. There were no prominent political figures or celebs calling for people to riot. When did that become a good thing?

Social injustice exists and probably always will. To destroy the work and dreams of the average working middle class citizen is something I can't get my head around.

I support roof top Koreans.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-21-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List