Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus Ohio 04/20/21 OIS

I wonder- if it was one of the "Let Teens Knife Fight Caucus" in pink (or their child/ grandchild/ current romantic fancy) being attacked by a person wielding a knife... and to be fair to most of the caucus, it was their armed bodyguard standing there watching the events unfold, would they want their guard to not shoot? Try to just disarm the attacker?

But, there's such a disconnect between "stuff that happens to me" and "stuff that happens to other people" that it's basically sociopathic. They cannot process that other people are people like they themselves are people no more than you could run the top rated 2021 video games on a Sinclair ZX81.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The fact ANYONE is second-guessing the justification of this shooting is ridiculous beyond what words can convey.

The ignorant opining that the officer should’ve tried de-escalating, going hands on or using a taser while the other girl was milliseconds away from possibly being killed is crushing what little faith in society I have left. I would submit anyone offering such alternatives be required to undergo psychiatric evaluation because they obviously can’t be right in the head.

We are well and truly screwed. God help us all.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Sofia media is just... wow...

Attachment 70476

Attachment 70477
    If that's what they want. Cool with me. I'm getting tired of watching cops get hammered for doing their jobs. Let's give 'em all pensions and send them home.

And when citizens get all Bernie Goetz on criminals, don't cry about it. You don't want the cops involved in your shit? They won't be. For better or for worse.

So when you pop off and someone administers an educational beat down on you? Tough shit.

You go to rob someone and get killed? Don't cry.

Steal someone's car and they find you and kill you in retribution? Too bad.

Fuck around, find out - will be the new national motto.

This is how we get no police - because no one will want the job.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

While social media is not a particularly good place to go for intelligent discourse, the discussion about this shooting on Twitter etc is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen in my life. I hope Sweet Meteor of Death comes soon and saves us all.

Site Supporter
    Having been in literally a 'teenage knife fight' -with the scars to prove it- in my misguided/ignorant/stupid youth, and witnessed many other knife fights in that time... these idiots have no idea how fast, messy, life altering, lethal, and fucked up a knife fight can be.
    It's also routinely a type of fight that has two losers and no winners; having that knife of your own just gives you a chance to get your licks in before you bleed too much.

I wish there was some way to get that brutal, horrifying education out to these people. But as others in this thread have so accurately opined, the blinders are on. There's no room for the truth in the reality these people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I wonder- if it was one of the "Let Teens Knife Fight Caucus" in pink (or their child/ grandchild/ current romantic fancy) being attacked by a person wielding a knife... and to be fair to most of the caucus, it was their armed bodyguard standing there watching the events unfold, would they want their guard to not shoot? Try to just disarm the attacker?

But, there's such a disconnect between "stuff that happens to me" and "stuff that happens to other people" that it's basically sociopathic. They cannot process that other people are people like they themselves are people no more than you could run the top rated 2021 video games on a Sinclair ZX81.
    First + 10 P-F geek points for the ZX81 reference!

Absolutely 100% accurate. It is sociopathic and narcissistic in the extreme; it's a particularly virulent, self-congratulating, delusional flavor of it where they circle-jerk themselves in their hugboxes about how accepting and open and progressive they are while simultaneously doing everything they can to separate themselves from the actual problems with the values & thinking they espouse.

Let homeless camp anywhere, just not my neighborhood
    Let people do whatever drugs they want, just keep it away from my kids and schools
    Give everyone a $15 minimum wage, just not my business
    Disarm all the cops, blah blah blah, but if my wife is being assaulted I better see the fucking HRT in 30 seconds

Showing them the brutal truth and errors of their thought process starts beating down the walls of this cognitive dissonance, so that's why they keep the blinders on and dig their heels in as deep as possible when faced with actual truth.

Worse still, they can't even be consistent about this shit. If this LEO had happened upon two white teenagers with MAGA hats on in the exact same situation, these same fucking people would be cheering that officer on, and wishing he'd shot them both. Publicly, and to lots of 'likes' and applause and accolades.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We have now entered the comedy phase.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1384849407401775108

Perhaps she should try her skills on Tom Kier.

Name:  World_Burn_2-1912857.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  50.2 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Name:  World_Burn_2-1912857.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  50.2 KB
    Thanks to this post, I now know that something can make me deeply sad and literally cause me to laugh out loud at the same time. Excellent usage of meme kung fu, my friend.

Close up the internet and hit happy hour for breakfast, folks, we’re already done for today.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Perhaps she should try her skills on Tom Kier.

I was thinking more of this:

or this:

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List