Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus Ohio 04/20/21 OIS

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I despise that MF'er. Always have.
    He's going to be an OH politician (governor, senator, representative?) within 15 years. The bread and circus crowd will sweep him into power.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Wonder if he'll face any sort of official pushback for that?
    The Chinese couldn’t care less.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    The Chinese couldn’t care less.
    Hell, they're probably happy he's saying it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

And here's a prime example of Media slant.

The AP headline: Police in Columbus, Ohio fatally shoot Black teenage girl minutes after George Floyd murder verdict

Notice how the article implies a couple of untrue facts:

1) that the racist cops are racist in shooting an innocent black girl. Because racist.
    2) this was deliberately done in reaction to the Floyd verdict (see point 1).

Then, here's the lede:
    The fatal police shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant, a Black teenager seen on video charging at two people with a knife, came within minutes of the verdict in George Floyd's killing — causing outrage by some over the continued use of lethal force by Columbus police.
    This continues the point above, while implying that there was no real immediate danger that required lethal force from poor innocent minority minor.

The next paragraph in the story is worded in such a way that can be misconstrued that the shooting, not the release of video was "a departure from protocol"- then re-enforces that idea by immediately referencing other shootings:
    Officials with the Columbus Division of Police released footage of the shooting Tuesday night just hours after it happened, a departure from protocol as the force faces immense scrutiny from the public following a series of recent high-profile police killings that have led to clashes.
    Skip a couple of paragraphs, and the story tries to downplay the potential lethality of the weapon used:
    From a few feet away, with people on either side of him, the officer fires four shots, and Bryant slumps to the ground. A black-handled blade similar to a kitchen knife or steak knife lies on the sidewalk next to her.
    And in approved MSM fashion, a point that actually contradicts the headline appears down towards the bottom:
    The shooting happened about 25 minutes before a judge read the verdict convicting former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin of murder and manslaughter in the killing of Floyd.
    Yet the headline says "Police in Columbus, Ohio fatally shoot Black teenage girl [B}minutes after[/B] George Floyd murder verdict". The lede reads "came within minutes of the verdict".

And the rest of the article is the usual rubbish, with the usual blather by Circleback Jen.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thanks @LittleLebowski for the stills from the video posted upthread. I used them thrice today to counter the narrative among colleagues that the decedent was "unarmed" and "shot in cold blood". Turns out even leftist liberal academics can change their tunes. They saw the stills, rewatched the video, put it all together, and went, "Oh...he saved the other girl's life."

At least one of them followed up with, "Wait...why isn't this being reported this way?"

Some thinking occurred.
    I'd love to read the comments from the family of the intended stabbing victim.

Buller?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It’s a joke for now... in 6 months? Maybe not....

Name:  B5BCC4BB-BE97-4485-B25A-E77B73CEB1D9.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  39.1 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'd love to read the comments from the family of the intended stabbing victim.

Buller?
    I suspect that they will either keep quiet or speak against the officer's actions because they are rightfully afraid of repercussions otherwise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    It’s a joke for now... in 6 months? Maybe not....

Name:  B5BCC4BB-BE97-4485-B25A-E77B73CEB1D9.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  39.1 KB
    “Is there anything I can say or do for you today to get you to stop stabbing me? Can we at least talk about why you keep stabbing me?”
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I suspect that they will either keep quiet or speak against the officer's actions because they are rightfully afraid of repercussions otherwise.
    They still have to live in the neighborhood. And the risk of being ostracized or having their tires slashed every night is real.

But in the back of their minds, I am sure the realize they could be out casket shopping for their own child. They have to realize that the officer did what was unfortunately needed. The only choice available to the officer was which kid would end up dead.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    “Is there anything I can say or do for you today to get you to stop stabbing me? Can we at least talk about why you keep stabbing me?”
    #VerbalJudo is the best Judo...

User Tag List