Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus Ohio 04/20/21 OIS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    She clearly does not understand how knife fights work or how they typically end.
    Columbus PD provided a teaching moment then...

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Strong work by the officer in saving Pink Girl's life and strong work by his department in getting out ahead of the spin.

CPD video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBsk9zjdZp8&t=100s

I have a question: at around 1:30 in the full-speed version (4:30 in slo-mo) a woman with dreadlocks gets pushed out of the crowd, followed by a man in a hoodie who runs out of the crowd and kicks her in the head.

Could he face a Felony Murder charge for that assault since someone died in this event?

Okie John
    No. Not under Ohio law. At least with the facts that we know right now.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No. Not under Ohio law. At least with the facts that we know right now.
    Thanks.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm not buying that for a moment.
    Neither am I. Those pushing the narrative (that white cops are racist in taking justifiable lethal action) are going to intentionally ignore--or manipulate-- any fact set to fit the narrative because that is what is necessary to achieve their goal: sow division, hatred, and unrest.

Right out of Alinsky's playbook.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Thanks @LittleLebowski for the stills from the video posted upthread. I used them thrice today to counter the narrative among colleagues that the decedent was "unarmed" and "shot in cold blood". Turns out even leftist liberal academics can change their tunes. They saw the stills, rewatched the video, put it all together, and went, "Oh...he saved the other girl's life."

At least one of them followed up with, "Wait...why isn't this being reported this way?"

Some thinking occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thanks @LittleLebowski for the stills from the video posted upthread. I used them thrice today to counter the narrative among colleagues that the decedent was "unarmed" and "shot in cold blood". Turns out even leftist liberal academics can change their tunes. They saw the stills, rewatched the video, put it all together, and went, "Oh...he saved the other girl's life."

At least one of them followed up with, "Wait...why isn't this being reported this way?"

Some thinking occurred.
    Until Valerie Jarrett comes to that realization, she'll have to settle for playing the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. If she only had a brain...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Until Valerie Jarrett comes to that realization, she'll have to settle for playing the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. If she only had a brain...
    There’s a difference between Stupid and Evil.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Why not both?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Both can be true. Especially in Valerie Jarrett’s case.

She’s trying to cancel the narrative that CPD put out there by releasing the body cam footage.

Agree with okie John... straight up Saul Alinsky tactics.

Other Twits are insisting that knife fights are playful, harmless teenage hi-jinks.

Apparently, they're not Forged in Fire fans.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List