Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus Ohio 04/20/21 OIS

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Columbus PD got that footage out, and slow-mowed, so fast it was almost amusing.

That saved the community a whole heap of trouble. And it likely saved another cop from needlessly going to jail.

I actually think they are showing the way forward on this.

The BLMANTIFA narrative needs to get put down good, hard, and fast before it becomes another 'George Floyd' situation. Releasing the footage quickly like this goes along way.
    QFMFT. This, all the way.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Apparently NPR cannot see the knife the rest of the world can see.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/20/98934...ohio-family-sa

Body camera footage shows an officer getting out of his patrol car as he responds to a commotion on the driveway of a home.

As he approaches a group of people standing and shouting on the driveway, he asks, "What's going on?" Seconds later Bryant and another girl begin fighting in front of the officer.

Bryant can be seen pushing the girl to the ground. She then approaches a second girl and throws her against a car parked on the driveway. The officer shouts "Get down!" three times, pulls out his gun and shoots in Bryant's direction at least four times and she falls to the ground.

As the officer approaches her, a knife can be seen close to her.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Columbus PD got that footage out, and slow-mowed, so fast it was almost amusing.

That saved the community a whole heap of trouble. And it likely saved another cop from needlessly going to jail.

I actually think they are showing the way forward on this.

The BLMANTIFA narrative needs to get put down good, hard, and fast before it becomes another 'George Floyd' situation. Releasing the footage quickly like this goes along way.
    About a dozen (15?) years ago, when body cams first really started getting big, I was a strong advocate for them being worn at all times by officers. I got a lot of push back from officers at that time, "We're not doing anything wrong. You can't just film us constantly!" - The point I made in response was that body cams would exonerate police more often than incriminate.

We're now seeing exactly that. Rapid analysis of body cam footage and release of said footage more often exonerates officers than incriminates them. This is how you defeat a counter narrative, rapid release of video with analysis to demonstrate what actually happened.

-

I genuinely think YouTube is a scourge on our planet.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Apparently you can't make people see what they don't want to see. If the truth doesn't fit the desired narrative, the truth has to go.

"Holding a knife". "Swinging a knife". This is what some news outlets report instead of "attacking" another with a knife.

If it were a child or adult of another race / ethnic group, the police might well be lauded for saving the life of the girl in the pink outfit.

It's hard to see the truth when you intentionally wear blinders.
    You're right, of course. Having seen these events or the results, we know that the decision matrix was this: shoot right the fuck now or pink girl dies. Wait, hesitate, yell some commands, and pink girl dies and you still shoot the stabber. It's one dead or two, with no option C. I hate to see it come down to letting the victim die so your legal justification for shooting is "better", but that's the road we're on.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

$10 says that Biden's AG "probes" Columbus Ohio PD.

https://apnews.com/article/george-fl...95fa1e0271f492
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    $10 says that Biden's AG "probes" Columbus Ohio PD.

https://apnews.com/article/george-fl...95fa1e0271f492
    I wouldn't take that bet unless you gave me some odds, like 10 to 1 or something like that. I'd be stretched way out there.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    This problem would go away if people would stop doing racist shit like calling the cops every time someone is trying to murder them.
    Things should get better when response times creep up to 30 minutes or more.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Apparently you can't make people see what they don't want to see. If the truth doesn't fit the desired narrative, the truth has to go.

"Holding a knife". "Swinging a knife". This is what some news outlets report instead of "attacking" another with a knife.

If it were a child or adult of another race / ethnic group, the police might well be lauded for saving the life of the girl in the pink outfit.

It's hard to see the truth when you intentionally wear blinders.
    Correct. I've seen several people insisting that the police should have de-escalated, used a taser, or gone hands-on in that moment. Even when people mention that the girl in pink was about to get stabbed or police have no obligation to get stabbed, these idiots still insist on holding that position. The worst part are the Christians I see posting along these lines, who should believe in the sanctity of life, but apparently that only applies to the person attacking others with lethal weapons.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Thank goodness that bodycam technology is proliferating everywhere in the country. Win-win for all parties.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I had no idea what split times are on prison stabbings, so I did an experiment. I set my phone timer for two seconds, and had my wife initiate it, and for two seconds I went to town with a 3" fixed blade. I sunk it 12 times before I heard the buzzer. If the officer had hesitated to shoot, pink girl would have gotten another 4-5 stab wounds. Just something for the "she shouldn't have been shot" crowd to think about.
    About 0.2-0.3s is typical. You are faster!

User Tag List