Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine holder hard on the body

Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    No sarcasm intended. Wow meaning I am way far off on where I should be putting the magazines (potentially). I don't know who the guy in the Amazon photo is, but it was pointed out so I used it as a point of reference.
    Okay. You need to ditch the paddle pouch. I've never found these comfortable, in holster or mag pouch form, precisely for the reasons you mentioned. The paddle protrudes below the belt and jabs into all sorts of uncomfortable things. If you want to stick with it, you'll probably have to move it over on the left side of your belt, on your side away from your abdomen. Otherwise, you'll need to go with a pouch that affixes to the belt and sits higher on the beltline. You still may have to put up with getting jabbed in the gut, but it won't have the pressure of the pouch getting jammed between your gut and hip juncture.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

If you can't readily move it, what about an assistant, like a telescoping magnetic pickup tool? Back when I wrenched, I found them invaluable.

Site Supporter
    JM Custom Kydex (very highly regarded around here and elsewhere) has a double mag pouch that should keep your mags similarly oriented to your duty setup and provide and attachment method and profile you may find more comfortable.

I have no idea what you’re allowed as far as personally acquired gear, but I’ll second the above point about two singles being way more comfortable than a double, based on my own recent experience for whatever it’s worth. There’s lots of options for those, but JMCK (as always) and Bawidamann both come to kind as sources for a single mag pouch of minimal width - two narrow singles should take up about the same space on the belt as a double.

The Bawidamann option would retain the paddle advantage of being removable without threading the belt back through. And I think JM is currently working on a secure but also easy on/off option.

Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    Thanks, I am not familiar with the parts of a mag holder. It is the bottom most part of the mag holder that doesn't actually hold the mag mostly....that part is digging into my leg. Does that help?

I want to keep things at least somewhat similar to what I have as I am LE and need the muscle memory of where the double mags sit and the way they sit for qualifications....at least for now.
    Stupid question, perhaps, but why not just use duty gear? Duty gear, or a specialized attachment system - such as ELS, QLS, and Tek-Lok - could hold your gear further away from the body, and that extra space could make it much less likely for your gear to get pushed into your side.

I use a very similar Fobus brand for idpa matches. I cut most of the paddle away because I had a similar problem. The lower front corner of the paddle dug in when I squatted.
    20210421_081017 by craig stuard, on Flickr

If this is duty gear:
    1. Move it. Thats a bad location with that gear.
    2. Can you get something like this? I see this setup (this is just an image I found) a lot with our guys.
    https://ipmba.org/images/uploads/Saf...imline_Pro.jpg

User Tag List