Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine holder hard on the body

Magazine holder hard on the body

Hi,

I have the below magazine holder and when I need to kneel down it presses into my gut and leg either causing pain or loss of motion.

I have caught myself bowing my knees outwards at more than 45 degrees to pick up magazines and have had knee injuries requiring trips to the orthopedic doctor and physical therapy.

I am not sure if this unnatural motion is the cause of my visits but I suspect it might be.

Any idea as to how I am supposed to pick up mags that I have dropped during mag changes without needing to do weird things to my body?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kain View Post
    Hi,

I have the below magazine holder and when I need to kneel down it presses into my gut and leg either causing pain or loss of motion.

I have caught myself bowing my knees outwards at more than 45 degrees to pick up magazines and have had knee injuries requiring trips to the orthopedic doctor and physical therapy.

I am not sure if this unnatural motion is the cause of my visits but I suspect it might be.

Any idea as to how I am supposed to pick up mags that I have dropped during mag changes without needing to do weird things to my body?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews
    Is it the paddle or the holder body or mag body thats the issue?

I prefer two singles to a fixed double mag pouch as I find they conform to the beltline better and more comfortably.

If you have it positioned as shown in the photo, try moving it farther back on your belt.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Is it the paddle or the holder body or mag body thats the issue?

I prefer two singles to a fixed double mag pouch as I find they conform to the beltline better and more comfortably.
    Thanks, I am not familiar with the parts of a mag holder. It is the bottom most part of the mag holder that doesn't actually hold the mag mostly....that part is digging into my leg. Does that help?

I want to keep things at least somewhat similar to what I have as I am LE and need the muscle memory of where the double mags sit and the way they sit for qualifications....at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If you have it positioned as shown in the photo, try moving it farther back on your belt.
    Wow, I have it positioned more towards my belly button. Around the middle of the pocket in the picture shown....maybe just a tiny bit more to the left of that pocket when looking directly at the pic. Of course there are other things on my tactical belt which sort of dictate that decision.

Wow, I have it positioned more towards my belly button. Around the middle of the pocket in the picture shown....maybe just a tiny bit more to the left of that pocket when looking directly at the pic. Of course there are other things on my tactical belt which sort of dictate that decision.
    I don't know what the "wow" is about. Since you asked for opinions without any real context, I'll give you the benifit of the doubt any assume thrre wasn't any sarcasm involved. Are you wearing this as part of a duty rig, instead of in civilian dress as shown in the photo you shared?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That makes sense. Based on that position, this magazine pouch will always dig into your leg and mess with your range of motion because of the part that tucks behind your belt. The type of belt attachment this pouch has is called a paddle because of its shape. That’s the part you’re tucking into your pants to keep the thing on the belt. You could try a different type of pouch that has a smaller form factor with belt loops for the belt to slide through if you aren’t willing to move the pouch. Paddle attachments are convenient because they’re easy-on/easy-off but they’re generally less secure than other attachment methods and, as you’re finding out, quite bulky.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't know what the "wow" is about. Since you asked for opinions without any real context, I'll give you the benifit of the doubt any assume thrre wasn't any sarcasm involved. Are you wearing this as part of a duty rig, instead of in civilian dress as shown in the photo you shared?
    No sarcasm intended. Wow meaning I am way far off on where I should be putting the magazines (potentially). I don't know who the guy in the Amazon photo is, but it was pointed out so I used it as a point of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That makes sense. Based on that position, this magazine pouch will always dig into your leg and mess with your range of motion because of the part that tucks behind your belt. The type of belt attachment this pouch has is called a paddle because of its shape. That’s the part you’re tucking into your pants to keep the thing on the belt. You could try a different type of pouch that has a smaller form factor with belt loops for the belt to slide through if you aren’t willing to move the pouch. Paddle attachments are convenient because they’re easy-on/easy-off but they’re generally less secure than other attachment methods and, as you’re finding out, quite bulky.
    Thanks for clarifying. The department does supply a non-paddle type of mag holder (sorry to use generic terms as I learn) but the mag pouch covers snap in place. A little bit of a hinderance but we are allowed to qualify with the mag holder open.

Site Supporter

Magazine holder hard on the body

A magazine pouch that holds the magazines higher on the belt will be much less likely to get pushed into your side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List