Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 or 45?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    I’ve lost you.

What are you gaining over a G19 by cutting down a G45 to the size of a G19? [emoji2371]
    As noted earlier in the thread, The shape of the G17/45 grip is slightly different than that of the G19. The G19 having a more pronounced “hump” which sits higher up on the back strap.

Depending on hand size and shape most people’s performance slightly favors one or the other.

Name:  A518C2D1-6EDD-4CD7-B517-DE55A8DDF559_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  60.2 KB

This is my favorite Glock set-up. I guess the best word for it would be synergy. The full size grip combined with the 19 length slide made the 19x/45 my favorite glock to shoot. Adding the comp keeps the light clean(er), but the biggest bonus to me is the dot really doesnt move a lot through the recoil track, and combine that with the perceived "snappiness" that the 19 length slide already has, and it makes me smile when I shoot it. Plus with the comp, it fits G34 length Safariland holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I still have a Blue Label coupon to burn before June, and the idea of picking up a 45 MOS and having it chopped is very tempting.
    Good Luck finding one in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    I am issued a gen 5 19 as my duty weapon and also have a 45. All things considered I wish the 45 was my duty weapon due to the added capacity. The 19 for me conceals easier. They both shoot awesome but to me the 45 shoots little better. in the end they are both super guns, get the one your most comfortable with, there is no bad choice just different.
    As far as capacity, would it violate your department's policy to have a G17 mag in that G19?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    As far as capacity, would it violate your department's policy to have a G17 mag in that G19?
    no

I’ve lost you.

What are you gaining over a G19 by cutting down a G45 to the size of a G19? [emoji2371]
    The 45 has the grip shape of the 17. The 19 has a hump. Cutting the 45 to a 19 gives you the feel of the 17 with the conceal ability of the 19 and allows it to use 15 round 19 magazines.

Im sorry when I posted this I guess my page had not refreshed and didnt realize this question had already been answered.

I’ve lost you.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As noted earlier in the thread, The shape of the G17/45 grip is slightly different than that of the G19. The G19 having a more pronounced “hump” which sits higher up on the back strap.

Depending on hand size and shape most people’s performance slightly favors one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    The 45 has the grip shape of the 17. The 19 has a hump. Cutting the 45 to a 19 gives you the feel of the 17 with the conceal ability of the 19 and allows it to use 15 round 19 magazines.

Im sorry when I posted this I guess my page had not refreshed and didnt realize this question had already been answered.
    ^^^ What they said. I wouldn’t do it without doing side by side comparisons of my 19 and a chopped 17 or 45.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I probably don't have anything valuable to add that hasn't already been said. I have gone through I don't know how many Glock 19's over the years. I really want the 19 to work for me. It's the perfect do-all size in my opinion. But like others, the hump hits me in a bad spot. I yank shots low with that pistol more than anything else I've tried. And I've shot damn near everything. Yes, it's a shooter issue but it seems to be very specific to that pistol. I shoot a full-size Glock so much better that it isn't even funny. I really like the 43x/48 and I have been very tempted to pick up a 19 just to see if there is any difference in ability between the two pistols for me. I feel like I shoot a single stack Glock better than a 19 but I don't have any data to back it up.

I'll add one more thing. I know my issues with a 19 are a problem with me because I shoot a Glock 44 very well. None of the issues I have with a 19 show up with the 44. So it is 100% a flinch issue with the 19.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Hammertime
    I keep meaning to pull a 19 and 17 out of the safe to compare because while I have heard talk of
    this hump thing over the years I have never actually noticed it and I seem to switch between them without difficulty.

That said I also love the 45. And the 19x. And I carry a chopped 17 Maybe the hump is the subliminal reason why.

Main reason I like a 17 size grip is no-pinch reloads.

I got the meaty part of my hand in the magwell on one of those real big hurry reloads at a match one time. Made my eyes water, couldn’t breathe for a minute, and I peed a little bit.

17 is better.

User Tag List