Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 or 45?

Site Supporter
    I have both and almost never shoot my G45. Really only bought it on the thought that maybe someday I'll want to shoot matches and it might be better for that. I wear a medium to large glove, depending on the brand, and I can easily get a full grip on the 19.

I love my G45s and I carry one in a RCS Phantom IWB on the daily. I really do enjoy the way they shoot, especially with my handloads and my chosen JHP (147gr HST). It feels like I am shooting a comp'd gun. I use a 10-8 rear and a Warren FO front.

havent played with a Gen 5 G19, which I should do.

That extra hump is less an issue with gen 4-5 guns, I think.

Gen 4 G19 is the best stock Glock grip I've shot with.

I would have no use for a G45/G19x setup. If I want the extra capacity, a longer mag goes in.

Me, I have a G17, but have no use for the extra long grip, due to hand size. If folks do, then the longer grip is in order.

I am issued a gen 5 19 as my duty weapon and also have a 45. All things considered I wish the 45 was my duty weapon due to the added capacity. The 19 for me conceals easier. They both shoot awesome but to me the 45 shoots little better. in the end they are both super guns, get the one your most comfortable with, there is no bad choice just different.

I have small hands and have owned and shot the crap out of several gen 2 and gen 4 G19s. I am radically better with a G4 17. Chopping a G45 to 19 proportions is a thing I will get around to.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I have small hands and have owned and shot the crap out of several gen 2 and gen 4 G19s. I am radically better with a G4 17. Chopping a G45 to 19 proportions is a thing I will get around to.
    I still have a Blue Label coupon to burn before June, and the idea of picking up a 45 MOS and having it chopped is very tempting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I still have a Blue Label coupon to burn before June, and the idea of picking up a 45 MOS and having it chopped is very tempting.
    This may be reason to join GSSF and do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    This may be reason to join GSSF and do the same.
    If you do, join for two years out of the gate. You’ll get a certificate immediately after processing, and another at the one year point. Then, you can renew on an annual basis and get a cert each time. It’s a diabolical thing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I also have small hands, and I am measurably (but only slightly) better with a glock 19 (gen 3 and gen 4) than a glock 17 (gen 3 and 4). The difference is small.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve lost you.

What are you gaining over a G19 by cutting down a G45 to the size of a G19? [emoji2371]

User Tag List