Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 or 45?

I have both, and I enjoy shooting and carrying both. I know that doesn't help much.

If I could only own one, it'd be the G45.

I have a 45 and a 19X.

I have 4 19 gen4, 3 19gen3, and a 19gen5. I carry and shoot my Gen5 19 right now but was carrying my Robar Gen3 before that. I like the trigger on the Gen5 19.

The 45 is my favorite Glock to shoot, bar none. However, I like the way the G19 carries much better. That being said, the G45 is not impossible to conceal. Surprisingly, if I could only have one it would be the G19.
    Food for thought: (I don't have this setup so I'm talking out my arse)
    If you have a G45 and a G19, you could put a threaded barrel, compensator, big light with ALL the lumens, and larger optic on the G45. G19 would have the stock barrel, possibly a TLR-7, and RMR sized optic. Now you can swap slides back and forth. Probably a lot less useful than it sounds, but there's a lot of possibility with the same size slide and different grip sizes.

Kinda related question. I know nothing about any of the aftermarket Glock pattern frames. Do any of them duplicate the G17/45 grip size and shape in a 19 length? Or are we limited to chop jobs?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I have both and I prefer the G45. With that being said I carry a G26 so neither for me is a carry gun so my view is only objective from a shooting perspective.

I don’t like the way the flared magwell on the 19 feels in my hand. I liked the 45 better. I haven’t been able to shoot either one, but I’d pass on anything Glock right now. They’re just so ‘meh’ to me. I have a 1996 generation 2 17 and a 2004 generation 3 23, both I’ll never part with. Good guns, just meh. If you’re not dead set on Glock I’d take a hard look at the APX line up from Beretta. I have the Centurion and granted I wasn’t able to really work it out the way I wanted to due to Covid ammo, but I prefer that pistol to any Glock. I’m waiting on a TLR7 Sub from Battery Junction, hoping it will fit the short pic rail of the Centurion. If you want more info about the APX, DM me.

Site Supporter
    If I had to pick between a 19 and a 45 I would choose the 45. But I choose a 17/34 over either.

The Glock 19 has always felt like a squirt gun to me, probably because of the shape of the grip frame and backstrap. I've been carrying a Lightweight Government model and it's relatively comfortable, so the 17/34 would work well for me. For that reason I would have no use for the G45.

For me, the more difficult choice is between the 17 and 34. I like them both but shoot the 34 better. Mine are Gen 3s, and I am tempted to try a Gen 5 G17. For now, the 34 and 41 are my favorite Glocks, and they both fit in my JMCK holster.

I'm a Glock 45 guy all the way. A while back I shot a 19X. I thought I would hate it. Long grip, short slide? I thought it was the mullet of handguns. But while I was shooting I noticed that I liked the recoil impulse and slide speed of the 19 size slide, and I liked the grip contour of the 17 grip. The sights just seem to settle and be right where I expect them. Weirdly, it was kind of the best of both worlds, but I wasn't a big fan of the magwell area of the 19X. The 45 solves that with the added benefit of the glare to the mag well. The Gen 5 17/45/15 frame is about like a 19 frame with a magwell. It doesn't carry/conceal significantly worse for me, and I don't carry a spare mag on body so the +2 is a bonus. I'd have no issue running a 19, and I still have one, but the 45 has basically replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    The 45 solves that with the added benefit of the glare to the mag well.
    Meant to type “flair” not glare!

User Tag List