Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 or 45?

Glock 19 or 45?

For those of you that own or have played with both, do you prefer the Glock 19 or 45?

(I'm intentionally leaving the question open ended)

I’m issued a 19M and have carried various Gen4’s and Gen5’s on duty over the years. I like them fine.

I’ve been carrying a POW G45, though, just because it fits my hands better. If I had smaller hands I’d probably just go with the 19, but I really like the 45.

My mediumish hands fit just fine on a 19 grip and since I'm going to push my hand high either way, the extra grip of the 17/45 length is just hanging off the bottom anyway not doing me any good.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'm issued and carry (on and off duty) a G19 Gen 5. I have a G45 that I prefer shooting at the range and competitions. This probably doesn't help you but that's how I roll.

If you can only have one, a 19 makes sense, but if you can have more than one, a 45 shoots more like a big gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have both, and while I prefer shooting the 45 the 19 is more versatile.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I have a 19X and a 26, and a 44 (19 in .22LR). I don’t hate the grip length on the 44, and in .22 it’s a lot of fun, but for my hands, I much prefer the full length grip of the 19X for a long day at the range. For a long day carrying it, I’ll take the 26. Unless I stumble on a stupid good deal, I’ll probably never buy a 19.

Nineteen.

45 for me. I prefer the longer grip.

Own and shoot both a lot. The 19 gets carried. The 45 is for the range. If I had to throw one out.....I would be keeping the 19.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

User Tag List