Thread: Fitting the rifle. (CZ 452)

Fitting the rifle. (CZ 452)

I just attended my first Project Appleseed event over the weekend with a brand new CZ 457 Synthetic SR and VX-Freedom 1.5-4 scope.

The factory rifle LOP is 14.25, I'm 6'9".

Even with the scope mounted full forward, I found I was too close to the scope and getting significant shadow, especially in prone. After TD1, I picked up a 1" LimbSaver pad, which helped, but still wasn't enough. Of course, it was squishy and moved side to side.

Any leads on a product that will add an additional 1.5-2" of LOP? I assume the least expensive method would be some sort of buttstock spacer.
    Is there a better way of solving this problem, like moving the scope forward? I could probably afford to go a bit higher on the scope.

I prefer not to invest a bunch of money into this rifle. Also, I know virtually nothing about rifles, so let me know if I'm asking the wrong questions or attacking this wrong.
    David S.

The 11mm dovetail is the sticking point I think. I’ve seen 1 and 2 piece mounts that push the scope forward but they’re all Weaver or Pic rail. The easiest thing I can think of offhand would be to pick up a 12” undrilled piece of Pic rail from EGW and have it mounted to the rifle at full length. Work out the eye relief and then have the rail cut to the length you need.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Get yourself an 11mm to picatinny adapter like this:

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail...56323&CAT=3600

Then get a low + extreme cantilever AR scope mount like this:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ult...pr-scope-mount

With that you may have to put a stock pack on to raise the comb depending on our cheekweld.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    These are the best 11mm rings I've found. I still do some work on them, but they're closer to right than anything else I've found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scope-Rings...m/264268435836

I have a stack of rimfire rings that don't work like revolver guys have stocks and everyone has holsters.

Not sure if it'll help @David S, but just putting it out there.

At 6'4", I also have some issues with factory LOP on my CZs. I've done the Limbsaver slip-on thing and so far it's OK.

I have a Savage FV-SR that I money-pitted with a custom LOP Boyd's stock, but I'm so upside down on that gun now it's ridiculous.

Current strategy is just buy a T1X when prices come back down.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Current situation on Talley rings. Not sure switching to OLong’s rings will solve anything.

I’ll look at the other options for moving the scope up and forward

Name:  C68518FF-AE06-478A-856A-D5E7530A542E.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  43.5 KB
    David S.

You want to borrow mine? I have a 455 with the pic rail, you are welcome to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You want to borrow mine? I have a 455 with the pic rail, you are welcome to play with it.
    Roger that. I’ll contact you off line.
    David S.

User Tag List