Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does what your target look like matter to accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    For me, the smaller the target, the smaller the group. It is the way my eyes focus.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    For me, the smaller the target, the smaller the group. It is the way my eyes focus.
    So, it stands to reason then that IF I can just see the gnat's balls...

Sorry.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Nothing ground-breaking here, just an observation:

Bigger targets seem to make the shooter feel more comfortable with wobble zone, whereas smaller targets tend to induce the "IT'SGOTTAHAPPENNOW!" trigger jump that also tends to cause anticipation.
    This thread, and this post in particular, is interesting to me. I have been working on shooting B-8 targets in order to track performance re: accuracy and precision and dealing with anticipation, and both in that endeavor and in shooting in classes where we go from bulls to USPSA targets, my groups are almost always smaller on the nebulous target than the defined ones.

But, I still believe that if I had spent more time shooting bulls in the beginning, my anticipation issue would have worked itself out earlier on, and I'd be getting better groups on either target if that had happened.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List