Thread: CHPWS or trijicon plate for 1911s

CHPWS or trijicon plate for 1911s

Im thinking more and more about getting my Springfield loaded operator champion milled for a rmr.

Which is better? Are there any other good options? Looks like CHPWS would be $325 for everything. The trijicon plate is like $200 itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im thinking more and more about getting my Springfield loaded operator champion milled for a rmr.

Which is better? Are there any other good options? Looks like CHPWS would be $325 for everything. The trijicon plate is like $200 itself.
    Word of warning.
    CHPWS has been a bit of a trainwreck as of late, multiple reports of them messing up people's stuff and ghosting as well as quality control concerns.
    If you send it to them be prepared for delays and possible shenanigans.

In the fall I sent a slide originally made for Romeo1 to CHPWS for conversion/adapter plate to mount a 509T- was quoted 3-4 weeks. After 5 months with multiple "almost done" progress reports along the way I got a pretty decent product. Even then, I had to deal with some incredibly frustrating customer service issues to get that solution. While they make a good product, I would suggest using other vendors if/when available.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

A couple other options to look at.

• Chambers Custom has the RDMS through a couple of third party custom shops. @AJZ
    • Nighthawk Custom will cut their IOS system on any 1911, not just their own. I haven't heard much positive or negative about it.

Both seem competitively priced to C&H. I don't know about waiting periods.

OTOH, C&H probably offers plates a larger variety of optics.

As I understand it, the CC RDMS system and NHC IOS allows you to use standard, not suppressor height, sights, while the C&H plate appears to require suppressor sights.

If I were choosing today, I'd go with the CC RDMS.

disclaimer: I'm not a 1911 guy. I don't have any personal experience with any of the three companies.
    David S.

Thanks for the nighthawk link. I forgot about them. I do like the sight in front of the optic.

And thaks for the CHPWS warning guys

Wowb nighthawk quoted me $777. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Wowb nighthawk quoted me $777. Yikes.
    So, the $350 quoted on their website must be as an add-on to a Nighthawk pistol order? I will say that their system does look well thought out.

Site Supporter
    do the chambers. If the trijicon plate isn't done perfectly you will end up with a lot of issues and you can only do the RMR. Holosun optics even though they use the same pattern don't seem to work (could also be due to the plate not being mounted correctly on my gun).

The chambers is awesome. They only allow certain folks to install it, which insures it will be done right. I went with AJ Zito and it was done very fast. They are also working on a 509 plate that will mount on the same pattern screws.

User Tag List