Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Randall fans?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of Randall 1911's. Based on the thread, I'm guessing...

1) He/they built high-end 1911s?
    2) Specialized in stainless pistols?
    3) Circa 1980's?

Feel free to school me.
    1) Not sure they were considered high end in the same way custom and semi-custom 1911s are viewed today. Maybe high end for the time, but the stainless alloy used was inferior to today's stainless.
    2) Yes. I don't think they made any carbon steel guns.
    3) Yes, and they were only made for a couple of years.

I don't know if any shooters were putting hard use on the Randall guns back in the day, or how they would hold up. In my opinion, the Randall guns are attractive and an interesting piece of 1911 history. For serious use there are better options today in a 1911, so I view the Randalls more as collector guns.

The crime lab identified a Randall .45 as the murder weapon in a whodunit homicide I investigated. I was shocked at how many Randalls were registered in Southern California. Still an open case AFAIK.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    1) Not sure they were considered high end in the same way custom and semi-custom 1911s are viewed today. Maybe high end for the time, but the stainless alloy used was inferior to today's stainless.
    2) Yes. I don't think they made any carbon steel guns.
    3) Yes, and they were only made for a couple of years.

I don't know if any shooters were putting hard use on the Randall guns back in the day, or how they would hold up. In my opinion, the Randall guns are attractive and an interesting piece of 1911 history. For serious use there are better options today in a 1911, so I view the Randalls more as collector guns.
    Thanks @Robinson, I appreciate the background info.

User Tag List