Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Randall fans?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
    If you're speaking of the Powderhorn, I actually got to see them all a couple of months ago when Dave first got them in - he knows my love of 'em! BTW - you know he closed as of April 1st, right?

If it's NOT the Powderhorn, I'm all ears - ya just never know, they might have one of the really rare ones - thanks!!
    Not the Powder Horn. My understanding is the Powderhorn is now defunct.

The owner of The Powder Horn had been trying to sell the business and retire for the past couple years. He was unable to find a buyer for the business so he took advantage of the 2020 panic buying to liquidate his inventory.

On an unrelated note there is a recent thread in the revolver section about a PPC revolver built by Dave’s father.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not the Powder Horn. My understanding is the Powderhorn is now defunct.

The owner of The Powder Horn had been trying to sell the business and retire for the past couple years. He was unable to find a buyer for the business so he took advantage of the 2020 panic buying to liquidate his inventory.

On an unrelated note there is a recent thread in the revolver section about a PPC revolver built by Dave’s father.
    Bob was a really good guy. I was priveleged to know him for a number of years before his plane crash, and even have one of his pistols he built while he was armorer for the USAF for one of their shooting team members.

Hammertime
    Ha! Thanks for the edumacation. When I clicked on the title I thought you were talking about Randall Knives... Never heard of these beautiful Randall 1911s.

The only Randall I have personal experience with belonged to a friend, and he would run a bit of copper-anti seize grease on the rails to avoid issues.

I remember reading about the LeMay in Guns and Somethingorother back in the day. Didn’t Randall off a fully mirrored, left hand 1911 as well?

Site Supporter

No Randall fans?

Although I am right handed, I am really surprised that not many companies have offered left handed semi autos. Since a significant portion of the population is left-handed, why would these not be desirable as compared to trying to make a right handed pistol work left-handed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

While 10% is indeed significant, it is significantly more expensive to make a left-handed anything when economies of scale are applied. Most left-handed hard goods are subsidized by the sales of right-handed gear.

It’s simply a matter of economics and margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I remember reading about the LeMay in Guns and Somethingorother back in the day. Didn’t Randall off a fully mirrored, left hand 1911 as well?
    Yessir - 3 of 'em (that they made more than 100 of)....they were the last 3 I added to my collection.

Name:  B111.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  57.8 KB
    Name:  Southpaw 1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  9.9 KB
    Name:  Southpaw 2.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  9.7 KB

That is super cool, I think I’ve seen one Randall in a gun store case ever, and it wasn’t even a lefty one. It’s interesting to see good photos of an assortment of these kind of obscure guns.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of Randall 1911's. Based on the thread, I'm guessing...

1) He/they built high-end 1911s?
    2) Specialized in stainless pistols?
    3) Circa 1980's?

Feel free to school me.

User Tag List