Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a multi-tool without a knife blade

Looking for a multi-tool without a knife blade

I’m looking for a multi-tool with pliers, screw drivers, saw, file. I don’t need a knife blade as I always have several to hand. Does anyone make such a thing?
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Leatherman Rebar? (Has a knife blade, though)
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Unless they are TSA approved they will have a knife blade. I like having a regular knife blade on a multi-tool as I use it for the nasty tasks so I don't ruin the edge on my carry knife.

And if it's part of a tool kit in the backpack or car you have a good cutting edge for general use.....

Some multi-tools will allow you to replace certain items on them but your average dude wants a knife blade on his multi-tool.

Other than a pliers I find a SAK can do most of the tasks I would attempt with a multi-tool.

Site Supporter
    ...and pliers are what I use most on my multitools. I would not get rid of a knife blade though, without good reason.

That said. My SOG Power Plier has user replacable tools. I think the OP is stuck with buying and modifying....

pat

Multi-tool Pliers usually suck because they are such a compromise to work everything else in, and the blades aren't usually much better.
    I solved the issue myself by creating my own set of compact tools and I'll share a few of them here to perhaps inspire you.

I started with a Leatherman SuperTool, tore it down to parts and then reassembled what I wanted, packed into a single arm.

For Pliers I use the small Knipex Cobra Pliers which are vastly superior to any multitool on the market, and most normal pliers to boot.

And I cut and ground down a small pry bar to make a pocket pry bar.

While those three tools take up more space than a single Multi-tool I can do a shit load more work with them with a lot less cussing.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Multi-tool Pliers usually suck because they are such a compromise to work everything else in, and the blades aren't usually much better.
    I solved the issue myself by creating my own set of compact tools and I'll share a few of them here to perhaps inspire you.

I started with a Leatherman SuperTool, tore it down to parts and then reassembled what I wanted, packed into a single arm.

For Pliers I use the small Knipex Cobra Pliers which are vastly superior to any multitool on the market, and most normal pliers to boot.

And I cut and ground down a small pry bar to make a pocket pry bar.

While those three tools take up more space than a single Multi-tool I can do a shit load more work with them with a lot less cussing.
    I've been carrying a pair of CeeTee pliers in a pliers pouch since I was a kid on the farm. When I retired and took up the handyman gig, I added an 8-way screw driver in pouch to my belt. So I am with you on everything except "a lot less cussing." Haven't managed that yet.😁

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I’m looking for a multi-tool with pliers, screw drivers, saw, file. I don’t need a knife blade as I always have several to hand. Does anyone make such a thing?
    Chased my own tail on this a bit. Buy the multi-tool you want and just cut off the blade.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Chased my own tail on this a bit. Buy the multi-tool you want and just cut off the blade.
    Or grind off the edge. I used to do some work with guys in a factory that wouldn't allow knives. They all had Leathermans with the edges ground off the blades.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Leatherman Rebar? (Has a knife blade, though)
    They offer a bladeless Rebar.

https://www.leatherman.com/knifeless-rebar-465.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    Will that get past TSA?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List