Thread: Looking for competition kydex holster for railed 1911 with light

Looking for competition kydex holster for railed 1911 with light

I'm likely going to purchase a MantisX and need the subject holster configuration. The combination of rail adapter and holster ups the "system" price but looks like there will be a good return. Any suggestions on the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I'm likely going to purchase a MantisX and need the subject holster configuration. The combination of rail adapter and holster ups the "system" price but looks like there will be a good return. Any suggestions on the holster?

Red Hill Tactical?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Red Hill Tactical?
    Perfect. Much appreciated.

Just to follow-up. I purchased a Novak rail adapter for my un-railed 1911. It's a very nice piece and having it installed today. The added piece places the rail somewhat lower than an integral rail so I'll do some overlays in a graphics program dimensionally comparing a railed Springfield mounted various lights (TLR-7 looks about right) with a picture of my gun mounting the Mantis. The light is bigger than the Mantis but the extra height should compensate for the difference in rail location. Red Hill tried at one point to mold around a Mantis, but the plastic housing couldn't take the mold pressure. This whole Mantis thing may not improve my shooting, but at least I'll have data showing how badly I suck.

Novak Rail Mounted on 1911

Had a local 'smith do the install. He used a mill to center the piece and likewise the mill to accurately located the threaded holes. Not something to be installed with a hand drill and hand tap. I'll have to do some tweaking on the holster I ordered but should be fine for practice.
    Name:  Springfield Loaded with Mantis.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  29.7 KB

User Tag List