Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing stripped and stuck RMR Torx screws?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    For what it's worth, I now use a FAT wrench to secure my optics, and I'm hoping it prevents future problems.
    The included bit in my Fat Wrench that fits the RMR screws broke before I hit 10 in/lb the first time I used it.🤦🏻*♂️
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The included bit in my Fat Wrench that fits the RMR screws broke before I hit 10 in/lb the first time I used it.🤦🏻*♂️
    I love my Fat Wrench, but I found the included bits were trash.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@Paul D, did you ever get the screw removed? I ended up using a small bit in my drill press and a spiral ease-out in a cordless drill.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @Paul D, did you ever get the screw removed? I ended up using a small bit in my drill press and a spiral ease-out in a cordless drill.
    I tried to drill it myself and made no headway. In fact I damaged the RMR emitter a little. I ended sending it to Wright Armory and they did a pro job in getting it out without leaving a mark. I sent the RMR back to Trijicon and they fixed it quickly.

User Tag List