Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ve Officially Lost My Mind… More Guns!

I’ve Officially Lost My Mind… More Guns!

The LGS was putting a 4” 686+ on display when I went there today, and I bought it. I owned a 4” 686+ before, but had the barrel changed out with a 3” pipe. My wife was talking about a Python, but this was half the price.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  36.5 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Nice. Walking away from a nice gun like that if one can afford it might be a sign of bad drain bamage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nice. Walking away from a nice gun like that if one can afford it might be a sign of bad drain bamage.
    It was built right, Stephanie, and the price was pre-China flu. Most of the people who work at the shop are part time, either semi retired, or because they simply enjoy shooting sports. One of the guys told me he was thinking about getting a new M66, and I told him about your ordeal. Tonight was the first time he heard about the barrel sleeve/canted barrel issue, and he didn’t really believe me. I told him to do some research.

I’ve Officially Lost My Mind… More Guns!

Lemme get this straight….

Your wife wanted you to buy a Python, and you opted for a hole-in-the-side Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

Your wife wanted you to buy a Python, and you opted for a hole-in-the-side Smith?
    I’m too cheap…lol! I’ve needed parts for older Smith and Wesson revolvers, but Colt doesn’t sell parts. We have the Colt King Cobra that was supposed to be my birthday present, but my wife has laid claim to it. The lock is weird, but I don’t even notice them now.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

There's something wrong with this pictchur.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    It was built right, Stephanie, and the price was pre-China flu. Most of the people who work at the shop are part time, either semi retired, or because they simply enjoy shooting sports. One of the guys told me he was thinking about getting a new M66, and I told him about your ordeal. Tonight was the first time he heard about the barrel sleeve/canted barrel issue, and he didn’t really believe me. I told him to do some research.
    I may just have gotten a lemon. 03RN has one and he’s put over 20,000 rounds through his.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    There's something wrong with this pictchur.
    $750 for a fine S&W revolver, and $750 left for tons of ammo. My wife uses LOTS of ammo, and I’m only sitting on 2,000 rounds of .38 special.
    @Stephanie B I’ll pass the info along, because the guy (Steve) seemed really disappointed when I told about your M66.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    $750 for a fine S&W revolver, and $750 left for tons of ammo. My wife uses LOTS of ammo, and I’m only sitting on 2,000 rounds of .38 special.
    @Stephanie B I’ll pass the info along, because the guy (Steve) seemed really disappointed when I told about your M66.
    I’m hoping that Warranty Trip #2 fixes it. I really want to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I may just have gotten a lemon. 03RN has one and he’s put over 20,000 rounds through his.

User Tag List