Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 w/ RMRcc

Glock 43 w/ RMRcc

My slide came back from Battlewerx today. I’m digging the setup so far, but I haven’t shot it yet. The window is definitely smaller than a standard RMR, but I think it will work ok. I’ll report back after getting it to the range.

Site Supporter
    Interested in your thoughts on the RMRcc, I have a 365 slide out being cut for one now.

How are the usability of the irons, and which ones did you use? This is a very appealing setup.

(Edit) Are they the 10-8 sights shown on the Battle Worx site, or a similar sight picture?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How are the usability of the irons, and which ones did you use? This is a very appealing setup.

(Edit) Are they the 10-8 sights shown on the Battle Worx site, or a similar sight picture?
    I used a 10-8 rear and a Dawson front sight. I didn't get the sights from Battlewerx...I can't remember why, but I guess I had a good reason at the time.

The irons sit very low in the window, but should be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I used a 10-8 rear and a Dawson front sight. I didn't get the sights from Battlewerx...I can't remember why, but I guess I had a good reason at the time.

The irons sit very low in the window, but should be usable.
    Thank you. I decided to try an RDS on a 43-sized pistol with a 43x MOS slide and Swampfox Sentinel on my 43 frame, and if the experiment works as expected I could see a 43 (or even a pair of 43s) direct milled for RMRcc like yours taking over as my primary warm weather carry gun.

Do you remember the height if your front sight? I’m trying to avoid spinnaker height.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Front sight is .250 tall/.105 wide.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Front sight is .250 tall/.105 wide.
    That’s a great height. Thanks!
    Ken

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Following with interest. I'm finally committing to taking the mRDS plunge on my double stack guns; still uncertain how I feel about the options for my single stack pistols, so curious to see how the RMRcc shakes out as it seems like the best option available. Haven't had the most confidence inspiring experience with my single holosun so far. Will probably take me most of the next 2 years to fully transition over if I am honest about my budget and free time, but all my CCW guns will get dots eventually. Hoping we see continued expansion of product lines and options in the meantime.

I rather recently picked up my first RDS for a handgun. Made the switch to RDS finally.

At the time I was hell bent on getting the RMRcc because of who makes it. Everyone told me that you can do no wrong with Trijicon and that anything RMR is 'the gold standard'.

That all said I handled and looked at numerous options before buying and did a side by side comparison and wound up with a Holosun. It was not because of budget either. I had $1000 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and wound up going a direction I never thought I would. I am glad I kept an open mind about it to be honest.

Got to the range today, got the sight zeroed, and put 50 rounds through it.

The smaller window is noticeable. I didn't find it to be terribly detrimental, but could obviously tell the difference from my RMR'd G45.

My biggest takeaway today was the confirmation of my continued distrust for extended G43 magazines. The only reason I was using the Vickers extensions was because I got the gun from a buddy and he had them on there. Had a failure to feed on the very first round. From there on out, I didn't load the magazines to capacity which took care of the issues. I would NEVER carry a G43 with magazine extensions.

I need more time with the RMRcc, but I'm liking it so far.

User Tag List