Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope Suggestions - Grendel

Scope Suggestions - Grendel

I have a nice little Grendel that needs a scope, something perhaps a little more than the usual hunting rifle 3x9. It's primarily a pig/coyote rifle, but it would be nice to try some long range target shooting as well. Seems like I should be able to find something really nice with a budget in the $1,200 range.

Any thoughts?
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Or maybe a 3-18x. I wouldn’t got past that.
    #RESIST

I have a Burris XTR 2 3-15x50 on my Grendel. I’ve made consistent hits with it out to 1150yds. The scope is very crisp and bright. Excellent sub $1k optic.

https://www.primaryarms.com/burris-o...cr-mil-reticle
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This in MRAD.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I went on the hunt for a 2-10ish scope recently; considered the Viper PST, but given that it's barely an ounce lighter than the 3-15, it doesn't make much sense as an option.

OP: do you want to err on the side of more or less mag? For 2-10, I like my Trijicon Credo; for 3-15 I think the Viper PST is hard to beat for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a Burris XTR 2 3-15x50 on my Grendel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    for 3-15 I think the Viper PST is hard to beat for the price.
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I went with the Viper PST 3x15 instead of the 2x10. Sportsman's Guide had them in stock along with scope mounts.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I went with the Viper PST 3x15 instead of the 2x10. Sportsman's Guide had them in stock along with scope mounts.
    Nice. I have the PST Gen II 3-15 on my 20" varmint AR. It's a really nice scope for the money. The best of the PST Gen 2 lineup, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nice. I have the PST Gen II 3-15 on my 20" varmint AR. It's a really nice scope for the money. The best of the PST Gen 2 lineup, IMO.
    I am excited. And, it came at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, Grendel ammunition is so scarce that I have named each cartridge that I do have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I am excited. And, it came at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, Grendel ammunition is so scarce that I have named each cartridge that I do have.
    You'll be very happy with it. Here's a photo of mine on my AR.

User Tag List