Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul pistol braces now shipping

Magpul pistol braces now shipping

Just a heads up the Magpul BTR and BSL are now available. I snagged a BTR. I'll do a review once I have it and use it.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Flood the market with them. If I was Magpul, I’d be giving them away or selling them for a buck.

We need to start playing the same games.

All that said, look forward to the review.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Just a heads up the Magpul BTR and BSL are now available. I snagged a BTR. I'll do a review once I have it and use it.
    Wondering what the appeal for these is, versus the SBA3 and SBA4, or other similar designs.
    Seems less expensive. And I’m a Magpul fan.

Looking forward to the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Wondering what the appeal for these is, versus the SBA3 and SBA4, or other similar designs.
    Seems less expensive. And I’m a Magpul fan.

Looking forward to the reviews.
    I've had both the SBA3 and SBA4. They're too floppy and collapse and fold over during use in various shooting positions. I like rigid braces with no rubber flappy wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've had both the SBA3 and SBA4. They're too floppy and collapse and fold over during use in various shooting positions. I like rigid braces with no rubber flappy wings.
    Have to tried the wisemencompany SBA3 SplitFix? I haven’t tried one but a few buddies got them on a recommendation from Kyle DeFoor.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Have to tried the wisemencompany SBA3 SplitFix? I haven’t tried one but a few buddies got them on a recommendation from Kyle DeFoor.
    I use the split fix on SBA3’s. It fixes the floppy problem without any modifications to the brace.

Thoughts on BTR vs BSL?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I use the split fix on SBA3’s. It fixes the floppy problem without any modifications to the brace.
    Yes I did. It took a lot of the flop out but it still allowed more side to side and forward movement than I liked. I think @Wake27 experienced the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thoughts on BTR vs BSL?
    I ordered the BTR because I thought it looked cooler than the BSL.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thoughts on BTR vs BSL?
    I would lean towards the BTR over the BSL. Having a open triangle hole gives more options for grabbing the thing from weird angles. That's the best reason i can come up with that isn't just cosmetics.

Magpul could have saved themselves some design time if they'd have just made the CTR buttpad pull off and have a QD swivel underneath.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 04-17-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List