Thread: Liberty Fatboy Jr Safe Question

Liberty Fatboy Jr Safe Question

Fixing to pull the trigger on a Fatboy Jr. I think. It's a tight fit in a walkin closet but the footprint does work. My concern is opening the door.

Does anyone have a Fatboy Jr. safe (with the dimensions of 60.5" x 42.0 x 22") that could measure the door width? It doesn't appear to be on their site and google fu has failed me.

The depth of the closet to my door opening is 51" and I have a 29" door frame opening. I'm hoping that the door opening won't be prevented too much and understand that it will likely stick out the closet door when opened a little. From a very rough drawing it appears that it will open almost 90 degrees to the safe body which will still give me good access to the hinge side of the safe. But I need the actual door width to really know as I was just guessing at a 35" door width.

Help a guy out? I really want this particular safe as my local brick and mortar store has 7 in stock at a not terrible price.

Mine didn’t make it up to ME yet, but maybe I can have someone measure it down in NJ.

Remembering it, there is like a 4” edge around the door on all sizes. Might be a little off, but if you take 8” on the height/width... you should be pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Mine didn’t make it up to ME yet, but maybe I can have someone measure it down in NJ.

Remembering it, there is like a 4” edge around the door on all sizes. Might be a little off, but if you take 8” on the height/width... you should be pretty close.
    If it's 4" that will be better for me by just a bit. I drew it up with a 3.5" edge. I also have a tiny amount of leeway to shift it from center of the closet doorway which may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Fixing to pull the trigger on a Fatboy Jr. I think. It's a tight fit in a walkin closet but the footprint does work. My concern is opening the door.

Does anyone have a Fatboy Jr. safe (with the dimensions of 60.5" x 42.0 x 22") that could measure the door width? It doesn't appear to be on their site and google fu has failed me.

The depth of the closet to my door opening is 51" and I have a 29" door frame opening. I'm hoping that the door opening won't be prevented too much and understand that it will likely stick out the closet door when opened a little. From a very rough drawing it appears that it will open almost 90 degrees to the safe body which will still give me good access to the hinge side of the safe. But I need the actual door width to really know as I was just guessing at a 35" door width.

Help a guy out? I really want this particular safe as my local brick and mortar store has 7 in stock at a not terrible price.
    My Fatboy Jr. with the dimensions you specified has a door width of 35 11/16".

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    My Fatboy Jr. with the dimensions you specified has a door width of 35 11/16".
    Well I guessed pretty close. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Well I guessed pretty close. Thank you sir!
    My pleasure.

User Tag List