Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    During the Russian Revolution, the criminal element was given free reign by the revolutionary forces to make things really bad for the ordinary citizens, so they would submit to the change in leadership.
    Well, two thoughts.

1) I seriously doubt any of these leftist nitwits have the strategery capability to actually cobble up a plan that would involve the dynamics that would be required.

and

2) If they did, they too would likely have to exile to Switzerland or someplace. It's much harder to remain hidden now compared to the early 1900's and I seriously doubt that the Antifa, BLM, et al., types would remain loyal enough long enough to claim their just rewards upon their return. Someone would 'eff it all up in these times.

But that's still an example of how the general public could be duped.

Any bets on whether the kid was a little who was holding the gun for the adult? We used to see a lot of that when I was a news photographer on the South Side back in the 80s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Any bets on whether the kid was a little who was holding the gun for the adult? We used to see a lot of that when I was a news photographer on the South Side back in the 80s.
    My understanding is that this is exactly what happened. Supposedly the 20 y/o was popping off rounds and palmed the gun off to the kid when PD arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My understanding is that this is exactly what happened. Supposedly the 20 y/o was popping off rounds and palmed the gun off to the kid when PD arrived.
    20 year old needs to burn. Please, please, please charge and convict under felony murder, but I have no doubt Foxx will let him walk.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    20 year old needs to burn. Please, please, please charge and convict under felony murder, but I have no doubt Foxx will let him walk.
    I dunno on that one. Lightfoot and the city council have been pretty adamant that Chicago needs to go after the person who put the gun in his hand, hard. I'm really hoping they do.

Public outcry has been hit and miss on this one so far. Here's the front page of the Sun Times this morning. Which calls this "tragic" and clearly notes the kid had a gun in his hand and then "a moment" later raised empty hands. To me this language choice indicates a more balanced view point.

Instead of saying, "Video details horrific shooting of unarmed Adam Toledo by police."

Name:  CD31582F-7A57-43A0-B47D-4F68EB97F0E2.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  86.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I dunno on that one. Lightfoot and the city council have been pretty adamant that Chicago needs to go after the person who put the gun in his hand, hard. I'm really hoping they do.

Public outcry has been hit and miss on this one so far. Here's the front page of the Sun Times this morning. Which calls this "tragic" and clearly notes the kid had a gun in his hand and then "a moment" later raised empty hands. To me this language choice indicates a more balanced view point.

Instead of saying, "Video details horrific shooting of unarmed Adam Toledo by police."

Name:  CD31582F-7A57-43A0-B47D-4F68EB97F0E2.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  86.0 KB
    If Mayor Lightfoot keeps on this tack, it is much to her credit.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

@RevolverRob Rob what’s your take on the average Chicago resident on this?

Chicago is a tough town, with tough people. Is it possible they’ll see this as too bad so sad, and while tragic, not necessarily rise to the outrage of burning the city down and hot footing off with Nike’s and Flat Screens?

I'm not a cop and my experience is limited. I try and wait for more information to come out before forming an opinion, and I seldom trust a single released video or eye witness statement, which can often be incomplete and/or incorrect. I haven't always sided with LE on a number of these recent events.

Even so, from what I could see on this body cam video, it looks to me as a justifiable shoot. The first time I watched it, two things jumped out at me...

1) The cop had his flashlight on strobe, which made watching the movements of the suspect harder to pinpoint and
    2) when the suspect turned to raise his hands, I could see the shadow of his right hand on the fence behind him, and the shadow of his finger looked like the barrel of a gun.

If you freeze frame it you can kind of see it (I'm running on a tablet and freeze frame is iffy), but in any case the cop didn't have freeze frame. He had a split second.

Another camera angle may show things differently, but so what? The cop didn't see from that angle. All he had was what his eyes could see from his angle, and I am beginning to think the strobe effect coupled with the shadow of the kids hand on the fence made it look like the kid was getting ready to turn and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @RevolverRob Rob what’s your take on the average Chicago resident on this?

Chicago is a tough town, with tough people. Is it possible they’ll see this as too bad so sad, and while tragic, not necessarily rise to the outrage of burning the city down and hot footing off with Nike’s and Flat Screens?
    That's kind of my reading of the situation. Reports were "dozens" of protesters protested last night. However, tonight is the planned protest and we'll see. But most Chicagoans seem to view this as unfortunate, but an unfortunate extension of reality.

Even the outrage by the Wokesters is dialed back tremendously on this. Which is a trend I tend to observe whenever it's obvious the person shot had a weapon and it's visible on tape.

Today's breakdown in the paper included an actual piece by police UoF expert on reaction times and decision making. There was also a frame-by-frame breakdown of the key few seconds of the footage, highlighting the gun in Toledo's hand. Even the Op-Ed piece noted "Police work is dangerous, there is no doubt. We challenge the average Chicagoan to run down a dark Chicago alley at 2:45am chasing someone who was armed."

Even the Aldermen and the Mayor aren't calling it disgusting like they did George Floyd or the Kyle Rittenhouse situation.

It all kind of points to a general sense of, "This sucks. But the cop saw a gun, there was a gun, there was a foot chase. And this 13-year old kid shouldn't have been out on the street at 2:45am. Parents and our community failed him."

As opposed to, "He was an angel attending choir practice and the cops murdered him in cold blood!"

Putting the shooting thing on back burner for a while, this is a messed up society.
    When I was 13, forget gun, even carrying a pocket knife would be a big no no.
    I know it's Chicago where guns are cheaper than a case of beer but this kid is just started to be a teen and already carrying firearm (or hanging with kids that carry firearm).

The age came to light after the incident and I've seen some kids that age bigger than grown ups.

User Tag List