Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

At some point, the whole country is going to have to take a breath, and start listening to some grown-up experts (in UoF) to re-boot this dynamic.

Otherwise, our society is screwed.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    At some point, the whole country is going to have to take a breath, and start listening to some grown-up experts (in UoF) to re-boot this dynamic.

Otherwise, our society is screwed.
    The utter lack of understanding of what the Rule of Law is, how it works, why laws should be enforced, what happens when they aren't, and so on is also a big problem. Florida's own Jim Bob on a meth & discount beer binge suddenly deciding to display his oral prowess on a cottonmouth snake to his friends has put more forethought into his actions & the long term consequences of them than many a Progressive Democrat that is cold sober & possessing an impressive degree.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Twitterverse reporting kid was a part of Latin kings

It's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

We've allowed mayhem and lawlessness to go (mostly) unchecked...and now, trying to tighten the screws will be met with more cries of racism, repression and police brutality...beside the expected violence and upheaval which is touted and viewed as a legitimate response, (and absolute right), to perceived grievance...even when it's demonstrably baseless and serves no legitimate purpose.

Good luck to us all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Gun was very clearly in the kid's hand just about 1 second before shots were fired. Can be seen if you advance the footage very carefully at about 2:04 from BWC #1.

It sucks this happened, but I can't imagine having handled it any other way myself. If you watch past the (terribly futile) resuscitation efforts, the cop who fired his weapon is clearly very distraught. I feel badly for both him and the kid that was killed. Only mercy is that the kid was clearly dead or at least unconscious within moments of hitting the ground. He did not suffer for long.

The real piece of shit is the 20 year old who was shooting off the gun and gave the police a fake name for the kid that delayed his identification by family for 48 hours. I hope the rest of his life is painful, short, and spent in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

We've allowed mayhem and lawlessness to go (mostly) unchecked...and now, trying to tighten the screws will be met with more cries of racism, repression and police brutality...beside the expected violence and upheaval which is touted and viewed as a legitimate response, (and absolute right), to perceived grievance...even when it's demonstrably baseless and serves no legitimate purpose.

Good luck to us all.
    And yet some want more. The thing that gets me is the utter lack of thought put into what they say.

It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.

Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.

No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.

https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/sta...45303997534216
    This was just a few days ago (the 12th), now she's promoting stacking SCOTUS. With "No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed." does she not know that the entire judicial branch isn't needed? And if that's the case what is the role of the legislative branch? Just how tribal does she want to go? Just another example of the insanity that the lemmings buy into.

Keep your powder dry.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    And yet some want more. The thing that gets me is the utter lack of thought put into what they say.

This was just a few days ago (the 12th), now she's promoting stacking SCOTUS. With "No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed." does she not know that the entire judicial branch isn't needed? And if that's the case what is the role of the legislative branch? Just how tribal does she want to go? Just another example of the insanity that the lemmings buy into.

During the Russian Revolution, the criminal element was given free reign by the revolutionary forces to make things really bad for the ordinary citizens, so they would submit to the change in leadership.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    During the Russian Revolution, the criminal element was given free reign by the revolutionary forces to make things really bad for the ordinary citizens, so they would submit to the change in leadership.
    Who then came back with secret policing, gulags, and real militarization. But, if you are like Rashida and believe you'll be one of the Central Committee, well, jackboots aren't all that bad if you are the one wearing them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Something tells me this might play out differently than Minneapolis. Just a hunch. And not good.
    I think it's going to play out differently.

We'll see what happens. But I don't see Latinos burning whole neighborhoods on a weeknight. They have to be at work the next day. Both snark and not snark.

The "outrage" on this particular incident is already dialed back from George Floyd.

See the problem with a Black Lives Matter campaign is...it's harder to complain when a non-black person gets shot. Because remember the message is all non-black people are racist.

Latin Kings talk shit anytime a Latino is killed by police in Chicago. Whether the kid was a Latin King or not, they have a tendency to claim everyone.

User Tag List