Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    For those of you keeping score at home the 21 year old shitbag that was with Adam has been released on bond. And another shithead that shot at 2 police officers during a traffic stop not far from my office here will probably serve 11 years if he’s convicted on everything.

Yes Chicago Democrats, tell me more about how it’s Indiana’s fault we have so many shootings here.
    They bonded that jamoche? Thank you, Kim Foxx - yet again, your gang ties are showing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm thinking that this is backfiring, and big. If they would have concentrated on one issue and worked to quiet the other one down, they could have accomplished both. Either go all in on a gun ban and get the various People's Democratic Republics to quiet the rioting and protesting and police defunding talk; or go all in on the street violence and BLM and defunding the cops, and drop the gun control talk.

They went with both, and the public is responding by buying all the guns and all the ammo. They're putting the two together, and aren't liking it.
    They're also swing voters, and they're beginning to see through the lies they've been fed for decades.

I worked in an LGS during the run up to the 1994 AWB. Most of our customers already owned guns and understood how gun control worked so they were buying to get ahead of the ban. I think that we're seeing less of that in play here because those buyers all stocked up once the ban expired.

I think that most of the folks buying guns now never would have done it without the riots plus the various state/local responses to it like defunding. (The pandemic is a factor to the extent that it hampers police operations and increases lawlessness.) These people are realizing that most of the bog-standard arguments against gun control were accurate and logical, and that the arguments in their favor were appeals to emotion.

The left is going to lose in a lot more than just these two areas.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List