Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We didn't even have that fancy stuff in my day.
    Which explains why they never became the Praetorians. ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Which explains why they never became the Praetorians. ;-)
    Nope. We only got as far as becoming Posterians. I felt like an ass.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Jeez, Blues - I knew you were old, but you must be ancient.

Attachment 70275
    Good greaves!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    . I felt like an ass.
    Prae tell why did you feel like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    During the Russian Revolution, the criminal element was given free reign by the revolutionary forces to make things really bad for the ordinary citizens, so they would submit to the change in leadership.
    After a couple of days of mulling on this I think you may be onto something here and would edit my reply if I could.

We have a concerted effort to get rid of policing altogether and every possible thing being done to disarm the populace and it's happening simultaneously. Hmm...Maybe they are using the same playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    After a couple of days of mulling on this I think you may be onto something here and would edit my reply if I could.

We have a concerted effort to get rid of policing altogether and every possible thing being done to disarm the populace and it's happening simultaneously. Hmm...Maybe they are using the same playbook.
    I'm thinking that this is backfiring, and big. If they would have concentrated on one issue and worked to quiet the other one down, they could have accomplished both. Either go all in on a gun ban and get the various People's Democratic Republics to quiet the rioting and protesting and police defunding talk; or go all in on the street violence and BLM and defunding the cops, and drop the gun control talk.

They went with both, and the public is responding by buying all the guns and all the ammo. They're putting the two together, and aren't liking it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Prae tell why did you feel like that?
    The reasons are lost in the anals of history.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The reasons are lost in the anals of history.
    A buttload of reasons.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Let's keep the cracks to a minimum...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

For those of you keeping score at home the 21 year old shitbag that was with Adam has been released on bond. And another shithead that shot at 2 police officers during a traffic stop not far from my office here will probably serve 11 years if he’s convicted on everything.

Yes Chicago Democrats, tell me more about how it’s Indiana’s fault we have so many shootings here.

User Tag List