Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

Site Supporter

Adam Toledo Shooting - Chicago, IL

I considered posting this in "Shooting incidents in the news", but given current events, I thought it might merit it's own thread:

Body camera footage released Thursday shows a Chicago police officer shooting a 13-year-old boy who appeared to have his hands up. The victim, identified as Adam Toledo, was killed on March 29.

"Hey, show me your fucking hands!" the officer yells as he chases the teen down an alley. Toledo complies and is then shot. "Look at me, look at me. You all right?" the officer says. Toledo was later pronounced dead.
    Prosecutors initially suggested Toledo had a gun in his hand when the officer shot him, but the state's attorney's office walked that back today.
    Body cam footage at the link:

https://reason.com/2021/04/15/adam-t...-boy-hands-up/

EDIT: Other sources have slowed down the video, and are reporting that he seems to have pulled, and dropped a gun, before being shot:

https://policetribune.com/bodycam-sh...aMkiaqWBZbIPiI

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I considered posting this in "Shooting incidents in the news", but given current events, I thought it might merit it's own thread:

Body cam footage at the link:

https://reason.com/2021/04/15/adam-t...-boy-hands-up/

EDIT: Other sources have slowed down the video, and are reporting that he seems to have pulled, and dropped a gun, before being shot:

https://policetribune.com/bodycam-sh...aMkiaqWBZbIPiI
    Oh, dear.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Oh, dear.
    Going to be a long, hot summer, I predict.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

If you draw and raise a gun and the Officer sees it in your hand but you toss it out of sight, of his view and raise your hands in the microseconds that takes but he’s already made the decision to fire you’re probably getting shot. It’s horrible a 13 year old was shot. If he’d complied and not run with a gun he would’ve been released to Mom fairly quickly.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Obviously the solution is to defund and reimagine Policing in Chicago. I’m sure the residents feel safer already.

/sarc

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    If you draw and raise a gun and the Officer sees it in your hand but you toss it out of sight, of his view and raise your hands in the microseconds that takes but he’s already made the decision to fire you’re probably getting shot. It’s horrible a 13 year old was shot. If he’d complied and not run with a gun he would’ve been released to Mom fairly quickly.
    There are (currently) two videos of the shooting. One from the officer's body worn camera and another from a security camera. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...r-old/2487175/

Based on my viewing, it appears Toledo 1) dumped the gun, 2) turned, 3) raised his hands and then the officer shot. At the time he was turning and raising his hands, he did not have a gun in his hand. Watching the two videos leaves me with the distinct impression that significantly more than a microsecond was involved (probably around .75 second, it's kind of hard to tell since the video I'm reviewing cuts out just before the officer fired).

Watch the videos and make up your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    As evidenced by the fact that the actual crook in this scenario did not run and was merely placed under arrest.

Site Supporter
    Guess this is what guys like Bolke mean when they talk about having a gun that you can stop shooting quickly.

I'd bet the realization that the kid was unarmed hit the officer like the noise of a gunshot. Especially when he was previously armed.

I don't see how the city won't burn for this. Shit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Guess this is what guys like Bolke mean when they talk about having a gun that you can stop shooting quickly.

I'd bet the realization that the kid was unarmed hit the officer like the noise of a gunshot. Especially when he was previously armed.

I don't see how the city won't burn for this. Shit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Yep.

The kid dodges half inside the fence and tosses the gun. Turns hands up, gets shot.

Cop was already on the trigger and shot the kid.

You can see from another angle after the shooting the gun is 6-feet or so from the kid. The gun is on the pole side of the fence. From the body cam, the alley side of the fence has no support poles. It was pretty clear to me that's what happened looking at the video.

Something tells me this might play out differently than Minneapolis. Just a hunch. And not good.
    #RESIST

User Tag List