Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Just When I Started Carrying a Semiauto Pistol, I Saw This..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I watched the fateful moment a few times and slowed down the video as well. I appeared to me that the thumb of his support hand as he was hastily assembling his firing grip interfered with the rearward travel of the slide when the round was fired.
    Cool! I didnt know about the scrubbing rate but yes you can see it exactly as you describe.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I watched the fateful moment a few times and slowed down the video as well. I appeared to me that the thumb of his support hand as he was hastily assembling his firing grip interfered with the rearward travel of the slide when the round was fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I also reviewed the video and the pistol in question only fired the one shot.
    I am seriously wondering if that particular gun might be broken.
    I missed the @JohnO post and was all kind of wrong, he nailed it early, and there is a pic in the UOF thread.
    I was also wrong that the pistol was not fired again, it was, and appeared to function normally.

Site Supporter
    I missed the @JohnO post and was all kind of wrong, he nailed it early, and there is a pic in the UOF thread.
    I was also wrong that the pistol was not fired again, it was, and appeared to function normally.
    Here’s the still from the OH BWC video:

Name:  A2362E64-B86A-49C4-AEDB-60A71C57DCAE.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  12.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Here’s the still from the OH BWC video:

Name:  A2362E64-B86A-49C4-AEDB-60A71C57DCAE.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  12.1 KB
    I had wondered about the malf earlier and grabbed the same (more or less) screenshot

Name:  Screenshot_2021-04-17 LE UOF Video thread - Page 244.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  9.0 KB

It looks like he may have actually had his thumb behind the slide. If so, I have to imagine that was a bit uncomfortable and may have something to do with how much difficulty he appeared to have stripping that mag out after the extraction failure. As hard as mags can be to remove in this situation, he seemed to have a bit of extra difficulty.

User Tag List