Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humor: An FAQ About Your New Birth Control: The Music of Rush

Humor: An FAQ About Your New Birth Control: The Music of Rush

An FAQ About Your New Birth Control: The Music of Rush

Every woman deserves to know exactly what’s in her birth control. Rush is a Canadian progressive rock power trio whose golden era is generally considered to be from 1975 to 1982. Thankfully, for your long-term family planning strategy, the band has an extensive discography that spans from 1974 to 2012.

The music of Rush is marked by erratic signature changes, unconventional chord structures, heavy use of synthesizers and electronic effects, and, most importantly, lead vocals that sound like an ancient witch is being exorcised out of your body with live wires. In less clinical terms, imagine taking the most annoying parts of science fiction and Libertarianism, isolating them, and then somehow blending them up into a cursed musical slurry. Then, infuse that slurry with a distinctive incel vibe, and presto! You’ve got one of the most powerful contraception options on the market.
    How does it work?

The music of Rush is a tri-modal contraceptive, meaning it acts on three biological systems — endocrine, reproductive, and psychological. Together, this system is known as “Surge, Purge, and Loss of Urge.”
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ironically, considering the band's constant self-depreciating humor, the commentators on Insty are throwing a fit that someone dare criticize Rush!

Lighten up Francis. This is a band that toured with commercial dryers on stage (instead of walls of amps) and performed a polka version of "La Via Strangiato". Who's joked for ages about their lack of female fans.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I think family guy managed to hit all the high notes in a 30 second scene.

im strong, i can run faster than train

I must be the exception to the rule... Rush has been my favorite band since high school. My son is a huge Rush fan too, but he is the big libertarian in the family.

Rush is killer. RIP Peart.

PS:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

As a huge Rush fan, it would not surprise me if one or more members of the band wrote that FAQ. While they took and take their music seriously, they were and are not above making jokes about themselves. The "South Park" concert opener is a great example with, "I am Geddy Lee, and I will sing whatever lyrics I want!!!".

My wife loves Rush – it is very disturbing to me. I have attempted to enjoy Rush many times over the years and am physically incapable of doing so.

What she sees in Rush is a mystery to me, but it is not the outlier in her often bizarre musical tastes. I blame her father.

One of my favorite bands. Maybe that explains why I’m not a total chick magnet.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    One of my favorite bands. Maybe that explains why I’m not a total chick magnet.
    Same. I think I have a crush on @jc000 ‘s wife.

Site Supporter

In Remembrance...

TLG...

pat

User Tag List