Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gear that should not have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Did anyone mention the stupid thing that let you put your trigger finger along the side of the frame so you could 'naturally' point the gun?
    The thing I recall had the shooter placing the index finger on a piece of angle steel so it rested on the slide and operating the trigger with the middle finger.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    The thing I recall had the shooter placing the index finger on a piece of angle steel so it rested on the slide and operating the trigger with the middle finger.

Anything like the gas pedal? https://gogunusa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Anything like the gas pedal? https://gogunusa.com/
    No, this thing was rather large and cumbersome. I only know of it as the inventor made an appearance on one of the forums I frequented (IDPA maybe?) and seemed as sincere as he was delusional. I don't even recall how it mounted to the gun, but the end result was your booger hook rested against maybe a three inch long piece of half inch angle stock that ran parallel to the slide, thumb, ring and pinky fingers wrapped around the grip, and the trigger was manipulated by the middle finger. Tried to find a picture online but my googlefu was not strong enough.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter

P&S Attachment

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    No, this thing was rather large and cumbersome. I only know of it as the inventor made an appearance on one of the forums I frequented (IDPA maybe?) and seemed as sincere as he was delusional. I don't even recall how it mounted to the gun, but the end result was your booger hook rested against maybe a three inch long piece of half inch angle stock that ran parallel to the slide, thumb, ring and pinky fingers wrapped around the grip, and the trigger was manipulated by the middle finger. Tried to find a picture online but my googlefu was not strong enough.
    This guy - John Veit?

ETA: His domain name has been taken over, but here's a snap shot of the aiming aid from 2015.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 04-21-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Has anyone posted Pager Pal?

Pager Pal.

Oh, and the Safe-T-Blok, that idiotic spring-loaded device that clips behind a Glock trigger. 'Cause good holsters are foh suckahs, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Oh, and the Safe-T-Blok, that idiotic spring-loaded device that clips behind a Glock trigger. 'Cause good holsters are foh suckahs, yo.
    I think we can just list as a category “anything that tries to make holsterless carry ‘work.’”

Magnets, trigger blocks, things to help you rack the slide one-handed because empty chamber, clips that attach to the gun... I guess with the one exception of a clip draw on a DA revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    things to help you rack the slide one-handed because empty chamber, clips that attach to the gun... I guess with the one exception of a clip draw on a DA revolver.
    I’ll make the side comment that sometimes shooters have limited grip strength and use racking aids. I’ve recommended those in the past. The other way to get around that is with a weaker recoil spring that’s still more than sufficient for weak target ammo. If they get in a defensive shooting, it’ll hold up fine for that handful of rounds so there’s really no reason for most casual shooters to use a spring that can handle a steady +P diet.

Clip draws used with kydex trigger guards seems reasonable, but so slow that I can’t see it being practical.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’ll make the side comment that sometimes shooters have limited grip strength and use racking aids.
    Totally fair. I’m thinking of a product I only have a vague recollection of that was specifically meant as an answer to a major critique of empty chamber carry - that you have a problem if you’re limited to one had at the draw. Went along with the no holster group because a potential solution to the danger of holsterless carry is empty chamber.

I may also just be thinking of that duty holster that was intended to help you rack the slide of your condition 3 pistol as part of the draw.

If someone has an issue racking the slide of a pistol I’m all for whatever reasonable solution solves that and works for that individual. Ears or grippy tape on the slide, new serrations, weaker springs, different caliber, use a revolver instead, whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    You’re all a bunch of amateurs.

Now, THIS an an accessory.
    The chainsaw bayonet is epic. I want one!
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    On that note, I wish holosun would steal the "predator" movie style reticle that sig has.

User Tag List