Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gear that should not have been...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I always thought that the SPAS-12 was wrong on pretty much every possible level:

Attachment 70537

Okie John
    Serious question: what is the story with these? I never had the chance to shoot one, and always thought they were cool but heavy and complicated.

They're fascinating from an engineering point of view but they have entirely too much going on for serious use. They're also very heavy.

Sometimes it's best to limit the user's options rather than expanding them.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    On that note, I wish holosun would steal the "predator" movie style reticle that sig has.
    One of the Call of Duty games allowed you to choose a smiley face reticle on your character’s red dot. I kinda wish a legit optic manufacturer would make a red dot with a 65 MOA circle smiley with the nose as a 3 MOA nose aiming point, even though in my heart of hearts I know it would look really bad to the jury 🙂

Name:  CDC1427C-C9C6-4EE5-8969-01A826FF3B1F.jpeg
Views: 338
Size:  48.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    One of the Call of Duty games allowed you to choose a smiley face reticle on your character’s red dot. I kinda wish a legit optic manufacturer would make a red dot with a 65 MOA circle smiley with the nose as a 3 MOA nose aiming point, even though in my heart of hearts I know it would look really bad to the jury 🙂

Name:  CDC1427C-C9C6-4EE5-8969-01A826FF3B1F.jpeg
Views: 338
Size:  48.7 KB
    I’d buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Serious question: what is the story with these? I never had the chance to shoot one, and always thought they were cool but heavy and complicated.
    I own one

Remember when Homer Simpson designed that car with the separate bubble for the kids and it turned into an overly-complicated, uber-expensive shitty car? I think Homer visited Franchi’s engineers in the 70’s:

“Let’s make it convertible so the user can shoot lethal AND less-lethal out of the same gun!”

“Let’s put a horribly designed, fragile rubber buffer in the receiver! And another fragile buffer in the folding stock!”

“TWO safeties must be better than one! Let’s design it so one will eventually fail and it will drop the hammer when it does so!”

“Reloads?? Let’s make them push and hold a button in a very awkward location in order to open the gate and load shells. ‘It keeps the mud out.’”

“Let’s make a ghost ring sight where you line the front post up with the BOTTOM of the non-adjustable ghost ring and hits should be somewhere in the middle!”

“Single-handed 12 gauge?! Fuck yeah!”

“Oh, you don’t want the grip safety? Fine. We’ll just stick a fragile plug in the hole.”

“Good luck manually pumping this bitch!”

That being said, I’ll never sell mine. Because Muldoon.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    “Single-handed 12 gauge?! Fuck yeah!”
    The only thing better than single-handed 12 gauge would be dual-wielding 12 gauges. Which I suppose is technically possible if you have two of these beasts and you know how to set the hooks.

And you probably do.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I’d buy one.
    Not for serious use, but that would be a “shut up and take my money” item for a fun gun/plinker.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Not for serious use, but that would be a “shut up and take my money” item for a fun gun/plinker.
    That’s all I would put it on. My niece would get a kick out of it if it was on her .22.

I handled a SPAS-12 at a gunshop one time, and it too me and two counter clerks to figure out how to make things go.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List