Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolke/Haggard/Burch Fighting in an NPE October 1-3, 2021 Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I just Venmo'd Robin the tuition, so I'm in.

While I'm sure that is a major influence regarding where the majority of the trainers make their residence, there's a lot of the year where our weather is no crappier than many other parts of the country, but there's still a lot less classes offered in the state. I'm venturing some combination of being cheap, relatively less suitable venues, and distance from O'Hare/Milwaukee airports. The price to be paid for having a lot less weather, geologic events, and critters that are actively trying to kill you.

Of course, when I see another class in Texas and give a snort, there's a bunch of people living in Texas that are wishing it wasn't five hours away by car...
    I for one would much rather train up north in the summer than down south. I don’t live too far from St. Louis, and that’s all the heat and humidity I need in August. A dude at work who was from Mississippi told me, “dude, don’t ever go to Mississippi” when I was bitching about our a August weather. I really think I should live in North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am very deep in complex negotiations at work, so I may take off and attend.

I've already offered BBQ gift cards and a case of Buffalo Trace. I need to bribe two more people, and I'll be able to attend.
    C’mon up to the North! Late September is lovely, although it could snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    This is nothing personal, but holy s*!t, there's a ton of training in the southern states, it wouldn't kill the Southern people to have to travel North occasionally... (a joke)

I know money talks, and apparently it talks louder in other parts of the country. Despite the widespread appreciation of firearms in the north, apparently most are too cheap(?) to appreciate professional training. On the rare occurrence two classes are offered in Wisconsin, there's a conflict (Givens Shotgun vs Haggard's Pocket Rockets). There's a conflict on this date as well, but this class trumps an annual professional conference.
    Respectfully, you ain't looking hard enough.

WI, Chicagoland, IN, MI and OH are very active. I'll agree that southern IL and the upper midwest -west of the MS river is pretty slow tho. That's just the stuff I list.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

WI, Chicagoland, IN, MI and OH are very active. I'll agree that southern IL and the upper midwest -west of the MS river is pretty slow tho. That's just the stuff I list.
    Dang, that's a nice website, and you are absolutely correct. Thank you for posting that. I had never visited that website before. Now my only complaint is how many classes I wouldn't mind taking that have schedule conflicts or missing prereqs.

Previously I had always relied on the PF forum, figuring that there were not going to be any questionable listings on PF. But most everything on the Hub seems to be trainers that would be considered well vetted by PF or M4Carbine standards. I don't have enough time, money, or credit with my wife to be able to take all the classes I'd like that are shown.

Glad you like it.

We’re trying to make it a thing.
    David S.

Glad you like it.

We’re trying to make it a thing.
    I think it's already a thing. I check it regularly. Great resource. Thanks!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quick Q: it used to be possible to search by region. I am not seeing a way to do that currently. I hasten to add that it might be my browser and ipad. The display seems to be a bit typically-ipad hinky.
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Quick Q: it used to be possible to search by region. I am not seeing a way to do that currently. I hasten to add that it might be my browser and ipad. The display seems to be a bit typically-ipad hinky.
    You can. Sort of.

You can see the events in your USPSA area by adding "/areaX" to the URL, where X is your USPSA area number.

For instance, if you're in Area 1, go to FirearmsTrainingHub.com/Area1/. For Area 5, type FirearmsTrainingHub.com/Area5/. My intention is that users would bookmark your local area(s).

Once I figure out how to make the site financially sustainable, we'll continue to develop the site further, including adding an interactive map that makes this more intuitive.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I think it's already a thing. I check it regularly. Great resource. Thanks!
    I'm glad you're using it and liking it.

I had between 2 and 6 daily website visits last week, so it's not a thing yet, which is certainly due to my lack of advertising. As I alluded above, once I identify a way to monetize the site, I'll invest more effort into marketing.
    David S.

You can. Sort of.

You can see the events in your USPSA area by adding "/areaX" to the URL, where X is your USPSA area number.

For instance, if you're in Area 1, go to FirearmsTrainingHub.com/Area1/. For Area 5, type FirearmsTrainingHub.com/Area5/. My intention is that users would bookmark your local area(s).

Once I figure out how to make the site financially sustainable, we'll continue to develop the site further, including adding an interactive map that makes this more intuitive.
    Thanks a ton!

Got it; bookmarked.
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

User Tag List