Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatalities in Crime by caliber

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Oops, just got it in a scientific news feed today and should have searched if already posted. My bad.

Mods can close it.
    No worries. It's kinda like "bumping" and can bring up new ideas/thoughts from folks not involved in the original thread. I asked the mods to combine so all discussion is in one place.

Site Supporter
    They could be reformed? Anyway, I have a news feed of scientific literature that has a violence and weapons issues subsection (does a lot of things, like vehicle accidents, etc). It came up with this today in a piece they abstracted, so I thought it was interesting. The authors are known to be negative about guns.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Pls. That's not bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Pls. That's not bacon.
    It's a horrible thing that I know exists.

So now you have to know it too.

Site Supporter
    There is turkey bacon and sausage. My local market sells turkey pastrami. Now, it is nothing like a good pastrami from the kosher deli but as lunch meat in the abstract, it isn't bad on a sandwich.

I used to gorge on a turkey, pastrami club on a french roll, order of Potato pancakes and a bottle of Heinkeins when I lived in Brooklyn. Now that will kill you on da street.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Smoky, chewy, and full of flavor, no other meat gets anything close to the hype bestowed upon bacon. Unfortunately, bacon just might be the world’s most terrible food when it comes to health, the environment, and animal cruelty. As a cured meat, bacon is heavily associated with colon cancer. Pig farms are infamous for polluting local waterways. And bacon is commonly sourced from farms that subject their pigs to appalling conditions.
    All I see is a great argument for hunting wild piggies.

Although I'll throw in a, "Just say no to Dr. Kellogg and crew."

Also, if anyone knows where I can get bacon not cured with citric acid, I would be very grateful for the information.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List