Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Toyota dealer apocalypse

2019 Ridgeline w/ 5 months of pymnts. left, mega dom. dealer hit it @ $3K over payoff, Carmax $3600. & Carvana @ $5100. so anyone w/ Carvana experience?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    For real. Had my FJ in for service at the local Firestone last week. A used car dealer on the lot next door tried to buy it from me.

'07, 178k, not perfect cosmetics. Dealer said he'd do 12k cash, was dead serious. I told him no, but asked him what he'd list it for, "16k and it wouldn't sit on my lot for longer than a weekend."

Admittedly this was a Buy-Here Pay-Here place, but still, 16k for a 14-year old truck with nearly 200k miles. It is well maintained though and that obviously helps.
    That's pretty much my truck right there, same year, about the same miles, good cosmetics, well maintained. I got mine 4 years ago where it had sat on the dealers lot for a month. Why? 6 speed manual transmission, a.k.a., the millennial anti-theft device.. The dealer was happy to get it off the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    2019 Ridgeline w/ 5 months of pymnts. left, mega dom. dealer hit it @ $3K over payoff, Carmax $3600. & Carvana @ $5100. so anyone w/ Carvana experience?
    I don't personally, but a buddy of mine at work just sold his truck through Carvana and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Said it was unbelievably easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I don't personally, but a buddy of mine at work just sold his truck through Carvana and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Said it was unbelievably easy.
    Sounds sim. to a cat elsewhere, selling them his 3rd veh. this week.

Nearest Carvana is 2+ hrs, ubering from there to pick up a replacement veh. so no time for drama.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Glad my car is paid off and has tons of life left (45k miles). I'm planning on hanging onto it through the end of residency at least.

Seems like every sector of our economy is a seller's market right now. It's craziness.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Buddy of mine bought a Tundra from one of the higher volume dealers in Virginia. He had to wait 60 days to take delivery. It was built literally three weeks ago.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Buddy of mine bought a Tundra from one of the higher volume dealers in Virginia. He had to wait 60 days to take delivery. It was built literally three weeks ago.
    That's like going into a bakery and ordering a wedding cake for next Saturday.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My kid just got a new Tundra on Thursday. He's in TN. and the only one in the color/package he wanted was in Ohio. Flew up to drive it home for 600.00 less than getting it trailered. Nice rig. Leather & moonroof in Toyota chocolate brown.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I’ve been shopping Ford transits. I heard the other day that they are just flat not taking any new orders.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

A month ago I saw on the Ford website that an F-150 with the options and color that I wanted was inbound to my local dealer. I went in that day, negotiated a good price and put down a deposit. They expected the truck in by the end of March. They called me two weeks later and said that it was showing as due in mid-February. Yesterday they said that the truck was built and sitting on a lot by the factory, waiting on a missing microchip before it can ship. They can't give me a due date.

I still want the truck and I'm not in a rush, but it is a rather crazy situation.
    Last edited by 37th Mass; 04-14-2021 at 06:42 AM.

User Tag List