Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with Glock TLR-7 Holsters

Experiences with Glock TLR-7 Holsters

I'm curious about concealed carry with the Streamlight TLR-7 or other brands of compact weapon lights. When it first came out, I would have thought it would have taken the world by storm because finally there is a light with decent output that doesn't really change the profile of a G19 sized gun...
    Or does it?
    While there are definitely a lot of holster options available now, I can't help but notice a lot of the major manufacturers of holsters ignoring it. Comp-tac, Blade-Tech, Galco, Bravo Concealment, G-Code, etc. Even a lot of small shops ignore it and still only offer the TLR-1 sized lights. The one that stands out to me is that Phlster, one of the most innovative in the business, ignores this light. These places can afford good market analysis and development, which leads me to believe that there is something about this light that makes them not want to touch it. What am I missing? Is it really hard to get retention around this thing, so much so that the juice is not worth the squeeze? Again, I realize that the market does have lots of options. I'm just curious why there is not whole hog adoption after the light being out for several years and I know we have some knowledgeable industry insiders on this forum. I haven't made the leap yet because now I wonder if holster retention is a big problem with this light.

I’ve got a few G19/TLR-7 holsters from JMCK, Tenicor, and Blackhawk and they are fantastic. I would hazard a guess that any lack of manufacturer support is, in part, due to the “all the lumens” folks and the “CCWs don’t need a WML” crowd.

At the risk of an appeal to authority, the Tenicor AIWB for the TLR-7 was a direct result of an ask from a gov group and I believe the G19/TLR-7 combo is issued by several big LE agencies so I feel comfortable saying it isn’t an issue of the light.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ve got a few G19/TLR-7 holsters from JMCK, Tenicor, and Blackhawk and they are fantastic. I would hazard a guess that any lack of manufacturer support is, in part, due to the “all the lumens” folks and the “CCWs don’t need a WML” crowd.

At the risk of an appeal to authority, the Tenicor AIWB for the TLR-7 was a direct result of an ask from a gov group and I believe the G19/TLR-7 combo is issued by several big LE agencies so I feel comfortable saying it isn’t an issue of the light.
    Blackhawk has been off my radar for a while, but a quick browse of their website shows some vast improvement in their holster lineup. Maybe it's time to forgive them for the abomination that is the Serpa?
    If you are having good luck with holsters, then maybe the TLR-7 needs to be my gateway drug to JMCK which I've been eyeballing for some time. Right now I have a bunch of Bravo Concealment stuff because their BOGO sale they run perpetually got me geared up pretty fast. They seem to refuse to tool up for TLR-7. I've put it off for a long time because my EDC Fenix UC35 has the Thyrm switchback, but I don't find that very easy to use to activate the light with a firing grip.

We're issued the TLR-7 at work. I use JMCK holsters for concealment every day. I think Tony's holsters are hard to beat.

I have a very nice JMCK AIWB holster made by @Tony Mayer for a G19 and TLR8. The TLR 7 and TLR 8 are almost identical in size.

All my Glocks with lights have TLR7's on them now. Mainly in JMCK's of different types, but I have a few Raven Peruns too. No issues with any of them.

I just got a JMCK holster for my 19 but I didn’t have the TLR7 yet. I’m guessing I’ll have to order another AIWB holster from him for the WML. I really like the light.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The SAGAX LUX was one of the more comfortable AIWBs for me despite the WML, weird name notwithstanding.

Minimal use as I typically carry my RS w/ X300U but I’ve been pleased with my Phlster Spotlight for TLR-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had Jmck and Tenicor. Both good options. Tenicor had lots of available setups to it and the clip is insanely latched onto your belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List