Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have anyone here on Starlink?

A bit random, but I saw a bunch of Starlink satellites last night, was pretty trippy when I didn't know what it was:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    A bit random, but I saw a bunch of Starlink satellites last night, was pretty trippy when I didn't know what it was:

Wow I just saw basically the same thing maybe 40 minutes ago and was wondering what the heck it was....Thanks!

I signed up today and forked over $99. No service currently in my shop, so I’ll start there whenever it becomes available.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

I was camping in the mountains this weekend and saw them Saturday night. Some offroaders camping in the area saw them Friday night and stopped by our camp to ask if we had seen them.

Chris

Still waiting on my $100 deposit to materialize into an offer for an actual dish.

About 3 months back?

Was on the information list for about a year prior.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Starlink update

Girlfriend has been using the satellite for a while now. I've checked the speed a few times when visiting. Slowest I saw was about 50Mbs. The girlfriend reports that service does drop out sometimes for a few minutes or so. Guess they were truthful when they said it was still in beta. Overall, still happy with the service.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

My neighbor has had his Starlink dish up about 2 weeks. I just talked to him yesterday and he said it works great. We're about 48 lat and 122.5 lon so the sat train is almost directly over us a little to the north. I think his dish is about 70° from the horizon and 350° Az. He said he was around 100 megs download. I just checked ours and it was 10 with DSL.

One thing I like about this is the cell phone doesn't have to use towers anymore. He has a setting on his phone that allows WiFi calling so the phone is using his Starlink router. He hasn't totally switched over but he knows it works. I'm not sure how that would work on the road though.

I'm going to have to upgrade my phone I guess so I can use an app to look at our visibility window. His shows 95% on his phone but I'm sure ours is much worse.

I'm not up to speed on this tech so some of this may be misunderstood and or miscommunicated.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm in the Boise area and the anticipated availability is late 2022. My neighbor moved from CA with Starlink and he loves it. I asked a local PC technician and she said the folks she knows in the Treasure Valley lover their Starlink. Cable is not available in our area.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Bump. Finally got my notice my order is ready almost 16 months after reserving it. Is it worth the money?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List