Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have anyone here on Starlink?

Do we have anyone here on Starlink?

I'm eligible (in Wyoming) and about to take the plunge if I can cancel and resume service as needed.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Following.

~$500 for startup equipment is cheaper than paying the cable company to run a rural underground line for crappy <5-meg service, assuming it works.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Following. It’s projected for my area in mid to late 2021 and I’m about 90% of the way to pulling the trigger.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I've put my name in to be notified when available. I think it will be sometime this year. It's eventually going to put cable and fiber out of business in rural areas. We have neither where I live. We limp along on DSL and it costs about $100/month.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Not on it but saw the satellite train pass over head last week. It was pretty cool to see.

Package with Starlink equipment headed inbound for install at my girlfriends house. Hopefully to replace dreadfully slow CenturyLink Internet here in rural AZ. Signed up a month or so ago and was quoted mid to late 2021 delivery. Looks like they are ahead of schedule. I’ll update when gear arrives.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I follow Chuck Pressburg on Patreon. I know he's been using Star Link since mid January. If you're connected with him, you might give him a shout.

His livestreams generally seem smooth, but he gets a few buffering hiccups per 3-5 hour episode. Every few episodes he gets a complete drop and has to do a part two. The videos allow me to view back in 1080p, so I assume that's what he's recording in. I'd guess he'd have fewer interruptions if he recorded at a lower definition.

It's not fiberoptic cable internet quality, but as an outside observer, it seems pretty good for what it is.
    David S.

There is a whole subreddit for Starlink that has a ton of info on it. I know the reddit format can be tough to follow if you haven't used it before, but lots of stuff from real users.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/

What is your current internet setup like, speed, cost, etc (assuming you don't mind answering)?

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    There is a whole subreddit for Starlink that has a ton of info on it. I know the reddit format can be tough to follow if you haven't used it before, but lots of stuff from real users.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/

What is your current internet setup like, speed, cost, etc (assuming you don't mind answering)?
    In Wyoming, it’s a wireless shot from over the hills, 15megs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    In Wyoming, it’s a wireless shot from over the hills, 15megs.
    Unless your WISP is incompetent, it's going to be a while until Starlink has similar uptime.

User Tag List