Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

And here we are again.

I identify with the victim class, I’m going to take free shit. Hell, they owe it to us anyway. Call it reparations.

Let’s blame the Po-lice before the facts are known. Err body know they racists anyway, this just proves it again.

Even though I’m not in the victim class, I’m going to signal my virtue by tweeting my support, standing guard while my victim class brother and sisters get their free shit, and continuing to vote for these assholes like this Peckerwood of a Governor.

I’m not surprised, so much as saddened. “You get the Policing you vote for”. So, MSP and Minnesota are getting what they voted for. Good luck.

Looks like it's time to update the https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?43810-St-Paul-Minneapolis-Riots-Aftermath thread.
    Just got notice that my friends with the guitar shop in the Midway district of St Paul preemptively decided to empty all their inventory and customer repairs at 12:45 last night, after observing a huge amount of sketchiness on the street, and hearing about a bunch of liquor store and music store burglaries over the past week here.
    They were looted and picked clean in the original May '20 riots, and were only saved from bankruptcy by a generous GoFundMe campaign.

Brooklyn Center is not far north of Minneapolis; it is really a second ring suburb of the city. I think we may just be in for interesting times again.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That sort of behavior is always confusing to me. Police did something we didn't like, so let's break things and steal things from businesses that had nothing to do with the incident in question? Not exactly effective revenge.
    As others pointed out - this is just a convenient form of justification for 'free' stuff.

Footlocker is owned by a large corporation it's part of 'the system'. And 'the system' shot our friend. Or really they shot a guy we didn't even know, but it doesn't matter because he was black*. So, we're going to attack 'the system' to teach them a lesson. W

*And don't say it's racist to attack 'non-black system' when police shoot a black man, because only non-black people are racist.

___

Nevermind that they're often looting franchises and stores owned by their black neighbors or places where their neighbors and friends work. And that 'the system' is made up of people from all races.

<Sarcasm> 'The system' must be a 'non-black' (read: white) system; because black people would never abuse each other like white people abuse(d) them in the past. </Sarcasm>
    ___

There are injustices being done to black communities that have been perpetuated for nearly two centuries now**. And the division between race and the middle and upper classes is definitely real. But at some point, someone has to come around and point out that the injustices aren't being perpetuated by only non-black people. And importantly, that it is black-on-black violence and abuse that keeps communities down far more than 'the system'.

99 people were shot in Chicago this past weekend. We're up to 872 shootings in 2021, 166 homicides. Of the 166 homicides, 80.1% of the victims were black, in cases where the assailant was known/reported 63% of the assailants were black. Male victims outnumber female victims 6.29:1 in all shootings. Making the overwhelming majority of homicides this year in Chicago being black males and that the overwhelming number of those homicides were committed by...black males.

I really don't know what else to say, except; when a white person shoots a black person and it makes the news, it's because statistically speaking it's rare relative to a black person shooting a black person.

**For instance, Chicago has one of the lowest (percentage wise) closure rates on homicides in the country. This is a reflection of both low man power, but also that the last six mayors and DAs do not/did not prioritize closing homicides, particularly within black communities. Because it is 'too difficult' and 'too man power intensive'. Those are excuses that perpetuate a historical trend in Chicago to treat black communities and black residents as second-class citizen not worthy of proper policing. Yes, it is difficult to do that work, because of an innate distrust of police in those communities, which is why it must be prioritized to get done.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-12-2021 at 12:29 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Fucking barf. I don't know how he looks himself in the mirror every day.

Side note, this new trend of capitalizing the B in black and not doing so for other racially descriptive adjectives annoys the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Fucking barf. I don't know how he looks himself in the mirror every day.

Side note, this new trend of capitalizing the B in black and not doing so for other racially descriptive adjectives annoys the shit out of me.
    Then don't do it. If I capitalize one, I capitalize others. Otherwise they all stay lower case.

If that makes me a bad man, so be it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Media shit storm going on now that the Brooklyn Center chief has announced it was and "accidental discharge". Said she (officer) fired one round from her duty weapon, when intending to discharge her Taser.

Recent update says the officer intended to deploy a Taser, and the shooting was an ND.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/minnesota...014849404.html

"Associated Press
    Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun
    MOHAMED IBRAHIM
    Sun, April 11, 2021, 6:48 PM

BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. (AP) — Police in a Minneapolis suburb where a Black man was fatally shot during a traffic stop say the officer who fired intended to use a Taser, not a handgun.

Police Chief Tim Gannon described the shooting as “an accidental discharge.”"

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Media shit storm going on now that the Brooklyn Center chief has announced it was and "accidental discharge". Said she (officer) fired one round from her duty weapon, when intending to discharge her Taser.
    Might have been prudent to allow the incident investigation to take place rather than offer his opinion. Or, let the evidence speak for itself if they are releasing video (which I haven't seen).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Might have been prudent to allow the incident investigation to take place rather than offer his opinion. Or, let the evidence speak for itself if they are releasing video (which I haven't seen).

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...daunte-wright/

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You and your facts/evidence!

There's no time for that! We want rampage now!!

User Tag List